Did you mean: 

Which AMEX is better BCE or BCP?

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which AMEX is better BCE or BCP?

I could live with either
although i don't like the AF it feels like i'll become a hostage situation
and i dont think i spend 200 on groceries a month if i did get the BCP i'd probably would have to crank it up to do more shopping lol

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 11 of 15
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

This is a great topic. I just got the AMEX Green and had my sights on the BCE. If it is indeed only a soft pull for denial through online account, and hard pull for approval, its definitely worth it.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 12 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

This is a great topic. I just got the AMEX Green and had my sights on the BCE. If it is indeed only a soft pull for denial through online account, and hard pull for approval, its definitely worth it.

Always has been a SP if denied HP if approved 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This has been posted many times recently.   For most people, there is simply no contest, the BCP is a better choice!   This comes from two things.

1) Through various links, the sign up bonus for BCP is bigger, more than making up for the AF.  So get it for the first year.

2) More importantly, it's not JUST groceries.   At bigger supermarkets, you can usually buy gift cards for all sorts of things, including for example Amazon gift cards, restaurants, retail stores.   Buying them at a supermarket, on an as needed basis (e.g. tomorrow I am going to Bed Bath and Beyond, so I will buy a $200 gift card to there) is great, because usually there is no additional fee for store cards, and this is effectively getting 6% off at those places.

So unless your total spending on such stuff is less than $2500 a year, BCP is better.  And this is ignoring any spending on gas.   If you buy gas, the extra 1% on BCP reduces the break-even point of $2,500 down.

People are too scared of AF!

Message 14 of 15
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I agree, I got the BCE last November and about 1 month in I was kicking myself for not applying for the BCP. I am definitely requesting a PC from BCE to BCP at 13 months. In my case the cash back justifies the AF on BCP.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.