cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Amex cards are American Express open to APR reductions on?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Which Amex cards are American Express open to APR reductions on?

Hi, I was genuinely very happy to read here on the forum about how some posters were able to receive lower APRs on their Amex cards  Smiley Happy  My question I guess I was wondering about is, could someone please list the names of the Amex cards that American Express is open to reducing APRs on, as opposed to say the cards (if applicable) that they will not reduce interest rates on?  Thanks!

ETA:  just to clarify. in this post, I meant Amex cards that are actually issued by American Express, not cards issued by other banks that run on the Amex network.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Amex cards are American Express open to APR reductions on?

bump?

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'd just hop on chat and ask if your cards are eligible. To be honest, I haven't heard of any Amex credit cards that were not eligible. Assuming you qualify, they are usually quite happy to reduce APR. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'd just hop on chat and ask if your cards are eligible. To be honest, I haven't heard of any Amex credit cards that were not eligible. Assuming you qualify, they are usually quite happy to reduce APR. Good luck!

Thanks for the helpful info kdm!  I don't currently have any Amex-issued cards, just the FNBO Amex which everyone who was approved for has the same identical rate on, but hopefully at some point when I am out of the garden and if I app and am approved for an Amex card, I will definitely be sure to ask about an APR reduction  Smiley Happy  I may potentially be interested in a BCE down the road at some point...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to see a card that isnt open to reductions. Have a low apr delta myself and it got to that rate in less than 4 months.  Just ask every month and thats it.  They told me my rate is the lowest possible for delta.  I have seen several folks with sub 8% rates on SPG and BCE though, I think 6.74 and 7ish.  Cool stuff!

Message 5 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the valuable info jfriend, also very glad to hear about the awesome low Delta APR you have there!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'd ask when ready. The worst they say is the card isn't.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.