Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Amex?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Which Amex?

Which Amex would be a good starter Amex , never had them before and would like to get in the door and just wanted to know which one would be the easiest to qualify for ?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Amex?

The Delta card seems to be one of the easiest to get.  I got in with that after reading about many others getting approved for it.  However, it can only be PC'd to a another cobrand card and not all cobrand cards.  I had to converty mine to the Hilton Honors card.  I think I had the card for about 10 months when I app'd for the BCP card and got nearly instant approval.  I actually got the 7-10 message, but while I was calling them to recond it I got an email telling me I was approved, I think that is what happened anyway.  Maybe I got instant and called them to find out the limit, but I think it was the other way around....  That was a year and a half ago, so....  I remember something like that happening anyway and looking over my list of cards this seems like the one it happened on.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

Which Amex would be a good starter Amex , never had them before and would like to get in the door and just wanted to know which one would be the easiest to qualify for ?

If you could give some additional information people would be able to give you better advice. What are you scores, AAoA, types, number of accounts, CL, utilization % and any derogatories. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

my first Amex was the Blue Cash Everyday. Scores are in high 600s to low 700s and I got a mailer offer from them for bonus cashback.

it's nice to always get some money back after putting gas in my car and getting groceries for the week. it's a simple cash back card to me.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Green American Express since 2012 and just received the Gold Business American Express and I love the cards. American Express has the best customer service of any CC company out there and the green card has boosted my credit tremendously. Best of luck with which ever one you decide on . 

Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

What are your stats, op? Personally, I'm against the whole "get an Amex card just to get 'in' with Amex." I'd recommend waiting till you have optimal scores and a good file before applying; this way you can apply directly for the card you want rather than any card that's "easier" to get approved for. Why potentially waste a good HP and risk being denied/approved with a very small CL. Plus you may end up closing the card eventually anyway, and that will remain on your reports for 10 years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.