Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which BOA Card to Apply For

tag
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Which BOA Card to Apply For

I received a USAirways BOA pre-approval offer in the mail. I checked their web-site for pre-approvals and saw the BOA AMEX, Visia Platinum and Rewards cards all with $3,500 limits. My EXP score just went up to 723 and should go higher in the next few weeks when CC's report 0 balance, but may go down due to a potential collection account that could appear.

What card would you recommend? Do they all report limits to the Bureau's?
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
orl2185
Established Contributor

Re: Which BOA Card to Apply For

ficonovice wrote:
I received a USAirways BOA pre-approval offer in the mail. I checked their web-site for pre-approvals and saw the BOA AMEX, Visia Platinum and Rewards cards all with $3,500 limits. My EXP score just went up to 723 and should go higher in the next few weeks when CC's report 0 balance, but may go down due to a potential collection account that could appear.

What card would you recommend? Do they all report limits to the Bureau's?

Wow, great score there. I will go for the plat visa imho... Kinda baffled myself in reference to bofa. My DW, brother and mom all got plat visa from them., except meSmiley Sad
With Bk DC 05-06, they won't give me time of day.
Message 2 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also, I've read several posts that say that you frequently wind up with a lot more CL than shows on the pre-approval site. Agree on the Visa.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 21
orl2185
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Also, I've read several posts that say that you frequently wind up with a lot more CL than shows on the pre-approval site. Agree on the Visa.

I fully agree hauling. Mom's offer clearly states cl up to 2000, however her cl is 3200 go figure.
Message 4 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Signature cards do not report credit limits
Message 5 of 21
orl2185
Established Contributor

Hey Mod. Nordstrom sent me offer tp upgrade to their signature card. Not sure what to do. But after your post, I made up my mind. Where will I benifit by upgading if I may ask?

TY in advance for your input.
Message 6 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

orl2185 wrote:
Hey Mod. Nordstrom sent me offer tp upgrade to their signature card. Not sure what to do. But after your post, I made up my mind. Where will I benifit by upgading if I may ask?

TY in advance for your input.

Don't know much about Nordstrom living in Hawaii and all. Their building a gigantic store in Honolulu as we speak. I would recommend you start a new thread and ask others who are more familiar with them.
Message 7 of 21
orl2185
Established Contributor

Wow, I would really love to visit hawaii along with my dw. I'm basically referring to effect on my scores by upgrading. Ty for your input.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling and orl,

Out of curiosity, why would you choose the Platinum Visa?  Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look like there's a rewards program associated with it.  Just looks to me like a plain vanilla Visa with no additional perks.

Sure, it has a lower APR than the BofA Rewards card, but the BofA Amex has the lowest APR of all three, and has its own rewards program, to boot.

Am I missing something about the Platinum Visa?

BTW, I received preapprovals for the same cards.  Not apping though.  Promise. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

hauling and orl,

Out of curiosity, why would you choose the Platinum Visa?  Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look like there's a rewards program associated with it.  Just looks to me like a plain vanilla Visa with no additional perks.

Sure, it has a lower APR than the BofA Rewards card, but the BofA Amex has the lowest APR of all three, and has its own rewards program, to boot.

Am I missing something about the Platinum Visa?

BTW, I received preapprovals for the same cards.  Not apping though.  Promise. Smiley Happy

since you mentioned it, i was thinking the same thing. not to mention i think you get enough reward points after your first purchase to equal a $50 value redemption.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.