Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank CC....

tag
Koffee
Valued Member

Which Bank CC....

I want to apply for a bank cc. I really want a BofA but after reading the boards it looks like I may have a better shot with Chase.....what about Citibank.  Can't do a cap1, problems from 2003.

2 years of good history with Orchard Bank, Tribute and Legacy/First National Bank.
7/12/08: TU-602, Eq-597, Exp-581

07/24/08: TU-610, Eq-597, Exp-583

09/01/08: TU-610, Eq-614, Exp-600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Which Bank CC....

I would try for BoA.  Goto their preapproval site and see if you get any offers coming back.  Keep in mind if you Opted out it will come back with no offers.  BoA has been great for me.  Started with a 100/300 back in 06 secured card and now have 5 CCs with them, $22,500 CL total.  Not bad especially with all the COs I had on my report up to 6 months ago.
Message 2 of 5
Koffee
Valued Member

Thanks NiceMann.

I will apply for BofA next Thursday....after closing!!

7/12/08: TU-602, Eq-597, Exp-581

07/24/08: TU-610, Eq-597, Exp-583

09/01/08: TU-610, Eq-614, Exp-600
Message 3 of 5
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Koffee wrote:
Thanks NiceMann.

I will apply for BofA next Thursday....after closing!!

Good luck Koffee let us know how it goes I am interested.
Message 4 of 5
jbh
Established Contributor

Just so you know, BOA is usually a bit more uptight and wants low util and scores in the higher 600's. I learned this the hard way last year Smiley Wink

Also, I have done a lot of research on credit pull databases (which tell you what people get approved/denied for and what their fico scores were) I also spoke to a BoA officer earlier. HOWEVER, if you DO apply and get turned down, you can get an offer on a secured card which is one of the best in the business and it will graduate to unsecured within a year.

I wish I had done that earlier, to be brutally honest. Kicking myself for picking First Premier instead.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.