cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which BankAmericard is the easiest to obtain?

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which BankAmericard is the easiest to obtain?

If it's helpful at all, I did a PC from a graduated secured card from them to the 1-2-3 card. They pulled TU.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 11 of 15
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

So to be clear, 99/500 is the counter offer folks have received after applying and being denied for secure card only or other cards as well? 

Message 12 of 15
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

So to be clear, 99/500 is the counter offer folks have received after applying and being denied for secure card only or other cards as well? 

@PrettyNPink wrote:

From what i understand the 99/500 is a counteroffer only available to customers who are selected by BOA after being declined for a standard card... You must be selected by BOA to receive the 99/500 card as it is not available otherwise

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 15
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

id say bankamericard basic. my brother just got approved for it, hes 19 and has never had a credi card before and the amex gold he is AU on hasnt reported its first statement yet

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I sort of suspect the basic and the Cash Rewards cards have the same underwriting criteria these days.

Whatever we knew regarding BOFA and their rewards cards underwriting went out the window when they tacked on the 1-2-3 rewards on their secured product... there just isn't enough anecdotal information on this forum other than their secured cards to really aggregate the data into something reliable recently.  

To the OP: apply for the card that you want, as people have been countered on the 1-2-3 rewards card into the 99/500 option w/rewards from what I've read here.  I don't think the underwriting is nearly the same challenge as it was given the experience of some members recent secured graduation and PCing to alternate cards straight away with traditionally subprime scores.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.