cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Banks Love or Hate You? Share Your Experiences Here...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Which Banks Love or Hate You? Share Your Experiences Here...

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@jayrock24 wrote:

well guess what you just found some one who doesnt like gecrb lol yup thats right they wont give me a cli to save me from the storm or even to get a cold glass of pop on a 110 degree day in the desert lol but i stick by them any ways its just weird to me that i can get discover it and bofa 123 as well as barclays but no cli from walmart or amazon had i gotten the cli from either one i may have never went for discover or bofa so i guess i should say tanks to ge rather than beat em up lol

Call their backdoor. It can do wonders for you. Trust me. Smiley Wink

1 877 379 8173 give them a call!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 38
OwNt
New Contributor

Creditors that love me:

American Express

Bank of America

Bank of the West

Barclay

Chase

Citi

Discover

First National Bank of Omaha

GEMB (Paypal)

US Bank

Neutral:

Alliant

Hate:

PenFed

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 12 of 38
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

The following creditors love me - meaning have showed me fantastic love:

GE Capital Retail Bank

Discover -- It's been a long, slow affair, but with lots of lovin' on both sides

CapitalOne -- Yes, I know everybody's supposed to hate them. But they recently gave me my very first right-out-of-the-starting-gate $10k limit on a Visa Signature. Boy, was that an exciting day. Even if they never give me a CLI, I'll call that love.

The following creditors are wary of me - meaning have given me a foot in the door but not too eager to grow the relationship:

Chase -- Never a CLI, never, ever, ever

Message 13 of 38
honky
Regular Contributor

Love;

CITI- 7k starting when nobody else had me over 1k.  cli to 8.5 6 months later.

Chase-5k freedom and now 8k CSP(just approved, calling for cli tomorrow)

Neutral:

Alliant denied me last year, gave me 5k this year and said absolutely no higher until I take another HP after 12 months

Hate: 
Amex-denied twice, havent tried again in almost a year.  Why waste the inquiry

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 14 of 38
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

LOVE:

Discover  (Good customer service, too new to know about CLIs)

Chase  (DItto!)

GE  (They give me CLIs when I ask even if I don't even use their cards.  They also gave me the PayPal Rewards MC without much hassles.)

Comenity  (They gave me good CLIs and the Marathon Visa card without a hard pull.)

Merrick  (They give me CLIs, but I do hate that the card is secured and has an AF, both of which can't be done away with.)

HATE:

Capone  (I am sure you know why!)

Nuetral:

Household (Capone)  (I am scared how they will treat this card when it is fully in their system!)

Barclays  (Good rewards, but customer service can sometimes be a bit lacking.)

Comenity  (Great Limit!  However, their rewards program is a bit less than others.  They did however make a mistake and give me a $100 bonus and 10,000 bonus points for getting the card.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 38
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Thanks for your participation guys. There seems to be a recurring theme with certain creditors. GECRB gives the most love. Amex/PenFed is more controversial and polarizing. The Big Banks (BOA, Chase, Citi) are somewhere in between.

Message 16 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Hate:
Chase

Love:
Everything else on my siggy
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 17 of 38
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Love:

Chase

Discover

Hate:

Citi 

Barclays

Hate turned to Netual :

Bank of America - I've banked with them for over 7 years, accounts have always been in good standing but for some reason, they simply would not approve me for a credit card.  It drove me nuts! LOL!  Then one day a few months back, I received an offer in the mail.  To my shock and surprised, I was approved! FINALLY!  Somewhat low limit which is why I say they are neutral toward me.  Hopefully it will grow...time will tell!

Slowly building....
Message 18 of 38
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Love:

Chase - Despite my short credit history, Chase has been the only one to approve me for their most popular credit cards. The Freedom and the Sapphire Preferred. Have no comaints only compliments for them. They been generous with me, they have awesome CS (especially recon reps). I even opened a checking and savings account with them. I plan to do business with them for a long time.

Neutral 

Discover - Approved me when other banks denied me. Excellent CS. Gave me a nice CL (first one that didnt give me a toy limit) seems lime they dont want to grow with me. Can't request cli despite havin the card for 10 months. But nonetheless great card.

Amex - After being denied twice for the zync, finally approved me for the green card. Have no problems with them. Use the card and pif before statement cuts. Hopefuly with constant use they will approve me for a revolver sometime next year.

Hate.

Citi - They refuse to give me a cli on my Forward. They denied me twice for cli and did a hp. Don't use the card.

Wells Fargo - Had a checking/ saving with them. Did a hp for a cli despite hearng they grant cli with a sp. My first card with the lowest limit ever. card is SD.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The following creditors love me - meaning have showed me fantastic love:

Citi ($6,000 CL on my Sears MC)

DCU ($2,600 initial CL for my Secured Visa, but I asked them to drop it to $500 because I didn't have the cash for that big of a deposit)

GE Capital Retail Bank ($2,000 CL on my Old Navy Visa, $1,100 CL on my Amazon Store Card, $1,000 on my Walmart Discover, no CLIs yet because they haven't been open for very long)

The following creditors are wary of me - meaning have given me a foot in the door but not too eager to grow the relationship:

Capital One ($800 CL on my Kohl's Card)

Target ($500 CL on my Redcard)

The following creditors are neutral towards me - meaning have showed me love but with some restraint:

Chase  ($1,100 credit limit on Amazon Rewards card, but at a 21.4% APRin spite of my 700+ credit scores)

WebBank ($1,292 CL on Bill Me Later--it's too bad they doesn't report to any CRAs)

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.