Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC Has Best Recon Policy

tag
lazerz69
Contributor

Which CC Has Best Recon Policy

Have been increasing my score slowly.  My score is now currently 645 here on myfico.  My score is stuck because of one student loan posting three different times.  No other problems.

Anyway . . . I would like to get one more CC with a higher credit limit, if possible, and thereafter get rid of one of the builder cards.  I believe that I will get the automatic online denial, but I believe that if I speak to a CSR I may be able to establish that the SLs are really one account reporting from OC and the CA.

Which prime cards have the best or most consistent recon policy.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Which CC Has Best Recon Policy

@lazerz69 wrote:

Have been increasing my score slowly.  My score is now currently 645 here on myfico.  My score is stuck because of one student loan posting three different times.  No other problems.

Anyway . . . I would like to get one more CC with a higher credit limit, if possible, and thereafter get rid of one of the builder cards.  I believe that I will get the automatic online denial, but I believe that if I speak to a CSR I may be able to establish that the SLs are really one account reporting from OC and the CA.

Barclay is well known for being good with Recons.    Whether they fit your definition of "prime" is up to you.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Try chase/citi, stay away from AMEX.

Message 3 of 6
readyfireaim
New Contributor

I had a 10 year old charge-off with Chase... applied for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card and was initially denied due to the old charge-off. After calling the recon phone number, I was approved and given a $5000 CL. Many other members of this forum have had success with Chase recons as well.

Starting Scores: EQ 697 (4/3/12) / TU 683 (4/3/12) / EX FICO 643 (3/16/12)
Current Scores: EX FICO 751 (7/25/12 Bellco CU) / EQ 735 (8/1/12) / TU 734 (8/1/12) /
Baddies: One 30 Day Late - Installment Loan (10/2011)
Cards:Costco AMEX $19500, Bellco Platinum Visa $10000, Discover More $9000, Chase Southwest Premier $5000, Delta Gold AMEX $2000, Merrick Bank Visa $1850, Orchard Bank Secured $500, ZYNC
Goal Score: 760+
Message 4 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@lazerz69 wrote:

Barclay is well known for being good with Recons.    Whether they fit your definition of "prime" is up to you.....

+1

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@lazerz69 wrote:

+1

+2 - they are very good with recons. Their APR is quite high so make sure you PIF that card should you choose to apply.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.