cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC allows you to pay with a debit card?

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Which CC allows you to pay with a debit card?

@core wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:
Hmm, I didn't know Citi took debit payments. This may come in handy with Discover Debit. 

Errr, how so?  Unless you've got different Discover Bank debit terms than I do, you're only getting a flat $0.10 ($0.20 this month) per transaction.  And you'd get the same amount for each hassle-free billpay anyway.  Much less fuss to just have Discover send Citi a $1.00 electronic billpay each and every day.  You can schedule them in advance.  There's 30 of your 100 transactions right there.

Please tell me you really weren't going to call in each day for 10 cents??  There's gotta be something more to this.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Not to use it daily, but for faster payment processing time. Whenever I bill pay, it takes a few days lag time to credit my account. I figure it's a lot easier to have the payment processed immediately via Debit, rather than constantly check if it's posted yet.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 21 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

Interesting to say least. Cap one identified the need and filled it. Roflmao about discover comment. Inquiring minds. Hmm. But entire need to do this. Understood. And agrees. Cap one is alwYs there. People bash em. But hey. Lightning strikes and they don't do AA. Good luck op.
Message 22 of 26
core
Valued Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:
Not to use it daily, but for faster payment processing time. Whenever I bill pay, it takes a few days lag time to credit my account. I figure it's a lot easier to have the payment processed immediately via Debit, rather than constantly check if it's posted yet.

{Mod Cut. None of that was necessary or productive}.

Message 23 of 26
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Mint Bills (formerly Check) allows you to pay any CC with a debit card; however, there are service fees for doing so. $0-125 incurs a $4.99 service fee while anything more than that has a fee that's 4% of the balance. If you're paying off large balances, this may not be a good option.

Message 24 of 26
core
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

fee that's 4% of the balance. If you're paying off large balances, this may not be a good option.

Oh dear.  Lots of work to be done around here.  And to think I've been clawing around for half a percent profit this whole time?

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everuone for the good info.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.