cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC companies like thinner profiles.

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Which CC companies like thinner profiles.

Since my profile is thin, I think it's a good chance to get in good terms with companies that like thinner profiles better.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
8 REPLIES 8
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Which CC companies like thinner profiles.

Thin file always a negative term in credit world, nobody like "thinner" file.
That been said, Amex and Discover do not mind thin and clean file, 6 month clean history most likely get u in
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case,discover let me in with 7 months credit history.fico score was 735 and they pulled equifax,on my wifes case,discover approved her with 6 months history but in her case experian was pulled,we both live in the east coast.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is usually pretty good about taking on those with thin/young files.

Message 4 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I would agree with the posts above, Capital One, Amex, Discover are all okay usually with thin clean files, another lender to look at is Barclay they gave my DW her first card years ago with 0 credit in her name.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know anything about Barclay other than what I've read on here as I've never had one of their products personally.  However, there have been quite a few horror stories here lately about them and repeated CLDs, closing accounts for no clear reason, etc.

Message 6 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Most credit unions are willing to work with thin files, as long as they're positive. Might start small, but will grow a nice history. Check out some in your area and see if any pique your interest! (Credit unions are awesome)  Also, don't be afraid to call/email/live chat and ask pointed questions:

1) What bureau do you use? (If you care)

2) I have X score (specify which score model it is as everyone uses different ones) - is that good for your UW standards?

3) I have a pretty young/thin file (X months/years and Y # of cards) - can you work with me to help build my positive history?

I've never had a problem with them giving me the answers I was looking for - they want your business Smiley Happy

Check out DCU - their cards aren't anything special, but they gave me a $5000 limit when my highest card was $3K I think, and my scores were 680 I think.

Another CU to try that actually has a soft-pull prequal site is US Alliance. You can join them by joining the American Consumer Council (they'll do it when you join the CU). Here's their URL: https://premiumservices.usalliance.org/prequal/

Good luck!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got into AmEX with 6 months of credit history. Try them.

Message 8 of 9
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got into AmEX with 6 months of credit history. Try them.

Could you get BCE with 6 months?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.