cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC company do you think has the best customer service?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CC company do you think has the best customer service?

Random question, I know, but I just got off the phone with Discover, and maybe it's because I'm still new to credit cards, but I only spoke to discover like three times and amex twice, and have been really helpful, quick and kind....

So who's number one in your book? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Re: Which CC company do you think has the best customer service?

Capital One is the best in MY book.

Message 2 of 21
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I personally think Discover has the been the best for me. Discover and Amex tied in last years JD power rating for customer service and I found out why, at least the discover part.
In all fairness though, It all comes down to individual CSR's. A good and knowledgeable CSR can be found at every card company but so can bad ones, and there seem to be a lot of the bad ones out there. I have to remind myself occasionally not to judge a company by the CSR's it keeps.
Message 3 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Bank Of America so far for me Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always had exceptional service with the jp Morgan executive line for the Ritz carlton card.

Discover has also been very helpful and seemed to be genuinely pleasant to talk to.
Message 5 of 21
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Discover has always provided the best customer service out of all the banks I do business with. Their CSRs are always a pleasure to speak with. I actually called to cancel my Discover card a few years ago, and it's because of the CSR that day why I still have their card today, despite its barely useful credit limit compared to my other cards. Since I work for a large company that heavily emphasizes excellent customer service, I've learned to recognize and appreciate other companies that do the same.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received great service and help from all cc companies I have accounts with, with one exception. Chase.
Message 7 of 21
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

For the banks I have deal with, Discover. 2nd mention to Cap1, also Cap1 front CS will only solve minor/daily issues, for other inquiries you are alone (like APR reduction). I never got an Amex, or many others.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 8 of 21
jbsea
Established Contributor

So far in the last year I've only had to talk with Amex and Navy Fed.  both have been GREAT!!!! 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one and bank of america are the worst.

discover and citi are the best.  chase gets an honorable mention due to them matching bonus offers.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.