cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC company is more forgiving 4 past collections & new approval?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Which CC company is more forgiving 4 past collections & new approval?

@Crashem wrote:

Mountain,

Go ahead and app for Amex Zync.  If you get denied, see if there was hard pull or if reason for denial was bad history with Amex.  If no hard pull or reason I listed before, that means you are on blacklist.  Only option then is to go for Amex Oasis which would involve paying your old debt even though it no longer can legally be collected.  If just rejected and hard pull, then it means you just need to work on your score.  If accepted, the potential of backdating will help your credit file a lot.

In any case, that would be the first thing I would be trying in your shoes.

Actually that's no exactly on the spot. Even if there is a HP a bad history with AMEX means on future CLI AMEX can use bad history to deny CLI. You can check a post on Credit Card Forum where a forum member slip through the crack initially but AMEX put he/she back into blacklist.

Message 31 of 36
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I've read here that Oasis isn't available to people that BK'd Amex.

Chase is slim.

BoA may have purged from their records if enough time has passed. That being said, remember FIA manages a lot more cards than we'd like to know so look real hard to see before burning an inquiry.

There are other banks like FNBO and USB with great products. USAA is really conservative. NCFU is great if you're eligible.

Which banks are FNBO & USB?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 32 of 36
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Chase is slim.

BoA may have purged from their records if enough time has passed. That being said, remember FIA manages a lot more cards than we'd like to know so look real hard to see before burning an inquiry.

There are other banks like FNBO and USB with great products. USAA is really conservative. NCFU is great if you're eligible.

FNBO - First National Bank of Omaha

USB - US Bank

FNBO is extremely conservative. Each app to them has to be reviewed manually.

Message 33 of 36
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Chase is slim.

FNBO - First National Bank of Omaha

USB - US Bank

FNBO is extremely conservative. Each app to them has to be reviewed manually.

Thanks

I'm leaning more and more toward CitiBank.Never had them and feel they might be a very good card.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 34 of 36
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Mountain,

Go ahead and app for Amex Zync.  If you get denied, see if there was hard pull or if reason for denial was bad history with Amex.  If no hard pull or reason I listed before, that means you are on blacklist.  Only option then is to go for Amex Oasis which would involve paying your old debt even though it no longer can legally be collected.  If just rejected and hard pull, then it means you just need to work on your score.  If accepted, the potential of backdating will help your credit file a lot.

In any case, that would be the first thing I would be trying in your shoes.

Actually that's no exactly on the spot. Even if there is a HP a bad history with AMEX means on future CLI AMEX can use bad history to deny CLI. You can check a post on Credit Card Forum where a forum member slip through the crack initially but AMEX put he/she back into blacklist.

What you are saying seems accurate.  Just not sure how this contradicts my post.  The point of post is that if he is blacklisted, he won't even get hard pull.  If he isn't, he has good chance of getting card.  And if he gets card, he has chance of getting backdated which would really help him.  If he gets backdated, that means they see his old account and approved him anyway.  If he doesn't get backdated, he has a choice to ask for it and have them pull his old account and connect them.  The example you referred to did that.  Also, many who got through have stayed off blacklist even when they connected old charged off account.  Even having a backdated Amex for a month would help his credit via aaoa.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 35 of 36
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Bk Amex customers can still go through oasis to get off blacklist buttamed will never ask for money as they legallycan't unlike old non collectible debt.  Just need to handle it correctly.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.