Did you mean: 

Which CC company is more "usage sensitive" towards CLI

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Which CC company is more "usage sensitive" towards CLI

@FinStar wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

i think cap one likes to see usage and good payment history (ie, paying in full)...but like lexie said, it's YMMV

+1

Capital One would definitely need some moderate usage if you expect an auto-CLI (at some point) or if you decide to use their online CLI request.  More often than not, and from what others have posted, if the account is not used regularly the CLI can be declined for one of those reasons (i.e. Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low).

Yes, I didn't get the CLI with the online request due to low usage, so its not only if you don't use the card but also if you dont use up enough of the credit line. I'm going to try the EO route though since the online request feels a bit stingy with CLIs. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 14
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

BOA like to see heavy usage as well. I got 3x CLI after 2 statements with a HP,and the reps approved me due to high usage

That's what happened to my Fidelity Amex card. $2000 to $15000 in seven months.

is it possible that you got to 15k in 8 months?Cause 61days,and then 6months right? My Amex BCE just got to 6k on Nov 18,now im waiting for the 6 months mark.

Message 12 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

BOA like to see heavy usage as well. I got 3x CLI after 2 statements with a HP,and the reps approved me due to high usage

is it possible that you got to 15k in 8 months?Cause 61days,and then 6months right? My Amex BCE just got to 6k on Nov 18,now im waiting for the 6 months mark.

Fidelity Amex isn't issued by Amex, and doesn't have the same 61 day/6 month rules.

Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigbang91 wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

The Fidelity AMEX is issued by FIA/BOA and therefore does not have the same CLI review policy like Centurion Bank for cards like BCE, BCP, etc.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.