cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC's pull which agency reports for approval?

tag
itpromike
New Contributor

Which CC's pull which agency reports for approval?

Ok so I've only been on this forum for a short time however in all the stickies I've read through on the boards I haven't seen a definitive 'Which report will be pulled if I apply for which card' thread. I think a thread like this could be useful for the community because as well know, scores from different agencies will be different. This could be a tool to help those who seek after various cards, to know which lenders typically pull from the report that they are strongest in (or weakest in). If you guys start populating this thread with info that you know and with your own experience then I'll take that info and periodically update this initial post so it can be right at the top and easy to read and find the card you are looking for. Also I'll put a disclaimer in a bit that explains that any lender can pull from any agency as their secondary if your credit is on the fence however this is meant to give you an idea of the 'usual primary' report a lender will use. If you do post info, please post in this format:

Card/Lender: Chase Freedom

Line Type: New (Or CLI)

Multiple Reports Pulled: No

Initial Report Pulls: 1 (2 or 3)

Agencies Pulled: EQ (EX or TU)

What do you guys think? Could this be useful? Is there a thread already out there like this?

Current Score: TransUnion (820) Equifax (818) Experian (823)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Which CC's pull which agency reports for approval?

Most national lenders can pull from any of the 3 bureaus, or from all 3 simultaneously as well.

Generally, Barclays will pull TU. Discover will pull from EQ or TU most of the time. American Express will pull from EX primarily. As for the other national banks, they can pull from any of the bureaus, depending on your location.

There are sites with such databases as well. Google search "credit pulls database" and you can also check out whogavemecredit.com

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Which CC's pull which agency reports for approval?

@itpromike wrote:

Ok so I've only been on this forum for a short time however in all the stickies I've read through on the boards I haven't seen a definitive 'Which report will be pulled if I apply for which card' thread. I think a thread like this could be useful for the community because as well know, scores from different agencies will be different. This could be a tool to help those who seek after various cards, to know which lenders typically pull from the report that they are strongest in (or weakest in). If you guys start populating this thread with info that you know and with your own experience then I'll take that info and periodically update this initial post so it can be right at the top and easy to read and find the card you are looking for. Also I'll put a disclaimer in a bit that explains that any lender can pull from any agency as their secondary if your credit is on the fence however this is meant to give you an idea of the 'usual primary' report a lender will use. If you do post info, please post in this format:

Card/Lender: Chase Freedom

Line Type: New (Or CLI)

Multiple Reports Pulled: No

Initial Report Pulls: 1 (2 or 3)

Agencies Pulled: EQ (EX or TU)

What do you guys think? Could this be useful? Is there a thread already out there like this?

Unfortunately, no.  Lenders can pick and choose which bureau and how many bureaus based on their internal criteria.  Not only can the information change by territory, product and the timing of the application.

for example, I apped for Discover last Jan, they pulled my TU; six months later DH apped and they pulled his EX. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.