Established Member
Flipper24

Which CC to get?

Last score I pulled in April was 671 TU but my utilization has gone up so I am expecting a decline in the score.

Currently I have the following CC's:

US Bank Visa - 3000cl

Orchard - 300cl

Cap 1 - 250cl

CorTrust - 300cl

Who should I look to in order to have the highest chance of approval and CL?

Thanks!

Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Which CC to get?

I would look into credit unions such as penfed and etc. IMO, I believe CU's will be less likely to hike up your interest rate or ambush your CL's compared to large financial institutions.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Regular Contributor
flyers

Maybe Juniper.  Most Juny cards pull TU.  Barnes & Noble card did but their Carters card pulled EQ.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Likely Penfed will not approve with high utilzation especially these days. I would pay down under 9% before any new apps. 
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

smallfry wrote:
Likely Penfed will not approve with high utilzation especially these days. I would pay down under 9% before any new apps. 

True, but seeing that his score has not taken a hit, I'm assuming as of now, he has a relatively low debt to credit ratio and his creditors have not posted his current balance. So he could actually apply now before the balances are reported. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Senior Contributor
smallfry

671 is at best borderline with Penfed now. But it's only an inquiry.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}