cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CCC are you most satisfied with?

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Which CCC are you most satisfied with?

I have yet to call amex, citi, chase or any other bank i have ccs with for anything important. Im not a fan of chase tho...my favorite bank and ccc is BofA because they have been awesome with me.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 21 of 35
Bobert22
Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

I'd have to give major props to Discover as the best in total customer service, due to the fact that they announce where the call center is located (Stateside), and you get a CSR rapidly.  That CSR can also deal with issues, if any, promptly.  For inquiries about services, they are very knowledgable without having to transfer to someone else.  

AMEX and Chase/JP Morgan are extremely close for customer service and in other aspects outshine Discover, such as in card benefits. 

Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, for customer service are sub-par, and that's a pity, since their cards have some good features.

Wells Fargo customer service is also sub-par, as is their website.   Their cards also are not as feature-rich as some other issuers. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred customer support is all U.S based since they announce which call center in the U.S the call is being connected to. I believe that's maybe just a perk for the annual fee the CSP customers pay. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 22 of 35
distantarray
Established Contributor

Best companies imo

Chase

Amex

US Bank

for rewards

Chase Sapphire and Chase Ink and Chase Freedom are very hard to beat. I also travel internationally to Asia so I got the United Club with these 3 cards 30k spending I've optimized it (including mortgage) would aquire me 65,000 points which is enough for a 100% free trip to Asia each year through United. Total Annual Fees are about $600. you could do a mileage plus and spend about the same with $190 annual fee but the 2 free checked bags makes my $600 worth it alone. Since I can get total of 8 bags free which runs about $100 each, each way.

Amex Starwood and Platinum is the only good cards imo

US Bank Flexperks and Cash+ are the best. Best domestic travel card by far and Cash+ is definately the best cash back card in the market.

If your a traveler these cards are the cream of the crop, Starwood for hotel value, Chase/United for international travel, US Bank for Domestic travel and Cash back

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 23 of 35
Leadberry
Established Contributor

I'm primarily interested in satisfaction with the companies themselves, from a customer service/account handling/day-to-day issues point of view,  rather than cards or their rewards.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 24 of 35
athan12
Contributor

I'm planning to rebuild my credit with 619 EQ score. I have 2k to spend and I'm planning to use it to rebuild my credit. I'm a BofA customer for a long time. I'm planning to get a secured card with BofA with 1k limit, and another secured card with 1k limit but I don't know which CCC should I go for. I can see that most forumers suggest Chase. Do you think I can get approved for a secured credit card with 619 EQ score with Chase?

Starting score as of 12/2012: EQ 570
Current score as of 02/2013: EQ 619

Current scores as of 06/2014:
EQ: 640
TU: 650
EX: 655

GOAL: 700
Message 25 of 35
Leadberry
Established Contributor

AFAIK, Chase no longer offers a secured card.  US Bank offers a few secured cards, including a Harley Davidson co-branded one that has no annual fee.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 26 of 35
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Discover, and it's not even close.

I've had a Discover card for 12 years, starting as a less-than-responsible college freshman.  Through all the ups and downs, Discover customer service has been great.

Amex is good, but not as good as Discover.

Message 27 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

So far my dad has a joint with my sister with a US Bank card and their customer service is very hepful, and clear. As well as their automated system. The ugliest most terrifying bank is Wells Fargo they just dont know how to treat their loyal customers very well. They are very careless.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 28 of 35
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:

Discover, and it's not even close.

I've had a Discover card for 12 years, starting as a less-than-responsible college freshman.  Through all the ups and downs, Discover customer service has been great.

Amex is good, but not as good as Discover.

Everyone will have differing opinions based on how they've been treated and perceived their experiences, but my wife has been with AMEX for 25 years and Discover since 97 and we both believe AMEX is the top notch.

Message 29 of 35
brookele
Established Member

I love love love Discover. Never had anything but great experiences with them.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday | American Express Green | Bank AmeriCard Travel Rewards | Barclaycard Ring | Capital One Rewards | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Citi Simplicity | Discover IT | Fidelity Investment Rewards AmEx | Freedom First CU Visa | Hudson Valley FCU Visa | Paypal Extras MC | + several store cards

09/05/13

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.