Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CCC's are inquiry friendly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CCC's are inquiry friendly?

I am getting ready for my apporama on 6/16/08... I have had a few set backs though and I need to know if I am going to have to adjust my plan... I had two unfortunet mishaps: 1. I got weak and applyed for a Flex Line and got turned down for too many inquiries and 2.I opened a savings account with Wells Fargo and they ran my credit(EX) and I have been a long term customer.

I am hot on three cards: Amex Gold Rewards Plus, Chase Marriott Visa Signature Premier and Discover Miles.

I would consider waiting longer, I have already held off for 4 months, but I heard a rumor that Discover isn't sensitive to inquiries, is that true?

I am in the process of getting Wells Fargo to remove their tracks, but if all fails I need to know where I can apply.

All 3 scores are within 696-751.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which CCC's are inquiry friendly?

What are your EX an TU scores? How many inqs on each? Which state are you in?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In CA, 31inq on EX in the last 2 Years 696 Fico, and TU 0 INQ and 751 Fico.... On 6/16/08 I have have 2inq in 6 months and 1 if Wells comes through.

Thanks for all of the help!

Carsalesmn
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Carsalesmn wrote:
In CA, 31inq on EX in the last 2 Years 696 Fico, and TU 0 INQ and 751 Fico.... On 6/16/08 I have have 2inq in 6 months and 1 if Wells comes through.

Thanks for all of the help!

Carsalesmn

I wouldn't app with Amex because they will pull EX and you have too many inqs. Chase might pull any one of the three...they are the most unpredictable of all the CCCs. Discover will soft all three of your reports and do one hard inq on either EX or TU.

You might want to consider WaMU, or Juniper with your excellent TU score and no inqs. The ones on your hot list might be hard to get approved for, but your best shot would be Discover Miles if they yank your TU score.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

juni is boarding accounts for ameriprise they are offering a world elite master card that competes with the amex plat in terms of airline lounge acess and it does report the cl. i'm very tempted, but juni left a bad tatse in my mouth.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for Discover when my UTL was through the roof (11/07) and they pulled EX so I am still in the same boat.

I am thinking of just going for the Gold Card and waiting for the others. I think I should be a shoe in due to being an AU on a Blue card that has $15,200 CL with a 0 Balance.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.