Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CCC uses "Vantage Only Score"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which CCC uses "Vantage Only Score"

It is my impression that almost all CCC's use Vantage exclusuvely. That is based on personal experiences. I have always had excellent credit and never been denied anything. My FICO score going back many years (and still today) is 725 to 800. About a year ago the CCCs started lowering my credit limits even  though I never missed a payment Since then I have ben unable to get ANY credit at all. (Checked most banks just out of curiousity). This must be due to my vantage score which is in the D-Subplime area while my FICO have been ib the 65 to 80 percentile.  Amount of debt and available credit (which the banks may have decided to cut for no reason already) form almost the entire score. Your record of paying bills on time counts for almost nothihg! This ridiculous system seems to have taken over the workd and it is destroying lives.
Message 11 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

dcsjohn wrote:
It is my impression that almost all CCC's use Vantage exclusuvely. That is based on personal experiences. I have always had excellent credit and never been denied anything. My FICO score going back many years (and still today) is 725 to 800. About a year ago the CCCs started lowering my credit limits even  though I never missed a payment Since then I have ben unable to get ANY credit at all. (Checked most banks just out of curiousity). This must be due to my vantage score which is in the D-Subplime area while my FICO have been ib the 65 to 80 percentile.  Amount of debt and available credit (which the banks may have decided to cut for no reason already) form almost the entire score. Your record of paying bills on time counts for almost nothihg! This ridiculous system seems to have taken over the workd and it is destroying lives.

Welcome to the forums

Why do you suppose there is such a large difference between your standings with FICO and Vantage? Also, the above seem internally contradictory.

Message 12 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Well OK. Just to see what all the hubbub was about I broke down and got my hands on my EX Vantage score and lo and behold I am at about the same percentile on my Vantage score as I am on my FICO's. Whoopie!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

dcsjohn wrote:

Welcome to the forums

Why do you suppose there is such a large difference between your standings with FICO and Vantage? Also, the above seem internally contradictory.

Helllo,
Seeming inconsistency - I had never been denied anything UNTIL the past year. I had some medical expenses which forced me to make a large charge - I still made all the payments on time. This lowered my FICO only a moderate amount - still wellabove average (750) (about 65 percentile). But my Vantage went to 681 (on their scale) (about 36 percentile).Which is "D" - subprime on their scale. I stopped receiving credit immediately! Hope this explains the confusion. And illustrates the apparant disparity between scores in some cases. I plan to get paid off a 4 or 5 years ans stick to Debit cards!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

dcsjohn wrote:

Welcome to the forums

Helllo,
Seeming inconsistency - I had never been denied anything UNTIL the past year. I had some medical expenses which forced me to make a large charge - I still made all the payments on time. This lowered my FICO only a moderate amount - still wellabove average (750) (about 65 percentile). But my Vantage went to 681 (on their scale) (about 36 percentile).Which is "D" - subprime on their scale. I stopped receiving credit immediately! Hope this explains the confusion. And illustrates the apparant disparity between scores in some cases. I plan to get paid off a 4 or 5 years ans stick to Debit cards!

I was not clear on HOW I think the scores are reported differrently - Vantage looks almost solely on how much debt that you have versus how much available credit is left (which is unafir because the CCC keeps cutting available credit - (in a vicious cycle) - they give almost no attention to the fact you have no defaults or even late payments over many many years of credit use.

Message 15 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

We have been counseling here for some time that high/increasing utilization is a recipe for AA. An issuer does not need a Vantage score to work that out. All they need is a CBR and they all get them by softing.

FYI: My overall UTIL is around 8% - very excellent by FICO standards. Yet high balances were cited as a reason for a decreased Vantage score:

• The sum of balances on your credit card accounts is too high. Having high balances on your credit card accounts has a negative impact on your credit score.(BN)
  • Your report shows that the available credit across your open, recently reported revolving accounts, such as a credit card, is too low. Having low available credit amounts on revolving accounts has a negative impact on your credit score.(RL)

Yet my score was 787 and at the 59th percentile. About the same as my FICO would be. Maybe a little higher.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-06-2009 01:57 PM
Message 16 of 17
jackg
Established Contributor

"Risk Score" is also a product marketed by EX.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.