Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CITI card?

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Which CITI card?

DW got two pre qualified mailers for the Diamond Preferred card. 5.6k instant approval then CLI to 10k with the LUV button.

I take it CDP isn't a reward card?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you mean about what type of rewards when comparing the Dc and the Thankyou preferred. Although even after reading through the other forums, I cannot tell if the points system is better than the percentage system
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD - No unfortunately not, it is just a 0% intro rate for 21 months. Which would also benefit me, so I was definitely considering that as well. Although getting rewarded for purchases is enticing too
Message 13 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I see what you mean about what type of rewards when comparing the Dc and the Thankyou preferred. Although even after reading through the other forums, I cannot tell if the points system is better than the percentage system

Unless you have a prestige or premier, TYP points are worth AT MOST 1c each, via gift cards or student loan/mortgage checks.   Most other redemption options have a much lower value.    And, if you do have a prestige or premier, you don't need the Preferred, as it offers nothing that other two don't do!

In other words, the TYPreferred isn't a very good card, given the choice now of free 2% everywhere cards

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this post, this is helpful information. Basically the best option would be the DC card if I go with CITI
Message 15 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you have a prestige or premier, TYP points are worth AT MOST 1c each, via gift cards or student loan/mortgage checks.   Most other redemption options have a much lower value.    And, if you do have a prestige or premier, you don't need the Preferred, as it offers nothing that other two don't do!

In other words, the TYPreferred isn't a very good card, given the choice now of free 2% everywhere cards

Totally agree. Please don't get a Thankyou Preferred. At best it is a 2% on some things, 1% on other things card. If you want a Citi product the Double Cash definitely beats the Thankyou Preferred.

Message 16 of 19
_NERD
Established Contributor

@LT13: DW was approved for 12 months 0% only via mailer code. It blows.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 17 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am looking at all of the options and many of them all seem good. I am debating between Citi Thankyou Preferred, Citi Prestige and Citi double cash back. Which one is ultimately the best? The reward structure seems similar on all 3 for restaurants and entertainment at least

Citi sign up bonuses seem to be small or non existant recently. If you can get a card with 50,000 thank you points, then thats the one to grab. Otherise you should probably wait. The Citi Double cash doesn't have a sign up bonus, so that you could get if necessary. Though I prefer Blispay over the DC. Citi card do provide a monthly FICO Equifax Bankcard score. But, thats not a particularily useful score, and free FICO scores are available all over the place these days.

You did check the cash back charts to see what offerings might provide the best value to you?  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

Meh am i the only one not drinking the Bilspay Kool- Aid lol? I am not a fan of them at all and will watch them fizzle to nothing in a few years Smiley Happy

The DC is a better card IMHO considering price rewind, Private pass and etc which i have used more than once.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 18 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I have both the preferred and premier and the Preferred has basically become a card I am willing to keep for BT offers and the fact its one of my older cards...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.