Which CRA does Barclay pull?

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which CRA does Barclay pull?

@Shock wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:
What about Amex BCE?

How many inquiries on your Experian, and any baddies?

6 on EX right now, no baddies on EX. I have one baddie (paid, zero balance) on TU and EQ but not on EX.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 11 of 17
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

Are they a conservative lender? Meaning, do they start one out at a low limit (unless you have a great score)? Also, how are they with CLI's? And how often? Auto CLI or manual?

Which Barclays card are you looking at? Please note that the Walmart TU Fico may not be the one Barclay's uses (I am not sure), so your actual FICO may be higher or lower than that.

Based on the score alone, you may qualify  for the Barclays Reward MC for average credit. They seem to start ( based on posts here) around 1.3 - 2k. They occasionally do auto CLI's, at around 6 mos or so. CLI requests intiated by you are HP's on TU.  You can request them online.

Barclays is a somewhat conservative lender so don't expect a high limit right off the bat.

As to your question about the AMEX BCE, I would pull a real EX Fico befoe applying. For me the version on MyFico has matched the AMEX score exactly. You list a FAKO score, which cannot be counted on to be accurate.

If you have recent baddies, this may affect whether you are able to get approved for either card.

So if I pull myFICO Experian and it shows around 700-705 will I be good For Amex BCE?

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 12 of 17
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Just pulled my FICO score for Experian here on myFico.com my score is: 722!!!

Am I good for AMEX BCE??

Now in the garden...
Message 13 of 17
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

Are they a conservative lender? Meaning, do they start one out at a low limit (unless you have a great score)? Also, how are they with CLI's? And how often? Auto CLI or manual?

Which Barclays card are you looking at? Please note that the Walmart TU Fico may not be the one Barclay's uses (I am not sure), so your actual FICO may be higher or lower than that.

Based on the score alone, you may qualify  for the Barclays Reward MC for average credit. They seem to start ( based on posts here) around 1.3 - 2k. They occasionally do auto CLI's, at around 6 mos or so. CLI requests intiated by you are HP's on TU.  You can request them online.

Barclays is a somewhat conservative lender so don't expect a high limit right off the bat.

As to your question about the AMEX BCE, I would pull a real EX Fico befoe applying. For me the version on MyFico has matched the AMEX score exactly. You list a FAKO score, which cannot be counted on to be accurate.

If you have recent baddies, this may affect whether you are able to get approved for either card.

I just applied for the AMEX BCE and was approved online!!! however, it didn't give me a credit limit!!

Now in the garden...
Message 14 of 17
Longroad
Established Contributor

Congrats on the AMEX.  With regard to your Barclay question, I was approved on recon with about a 685 TU for my Arrival with a $1000 CL which they bumped up to $2500 by means of the luv button before I even received the card in the mail. They were very nice on the recon, but don't like inq. Good luck should you decide to app

Message 15 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

I just applied for the AMEX BCE and was approved online!!! however, it didn't give me a credit limit!!

Congrats on the approval! AMEX never gives the limit when approving. I think you can call in to find out the limit, but I am not sure of the phone number. Maybe someone else will chime in with the number.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 17
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

One of their credit analysts told me, "We always use TransUnion".

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.