cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CRA does US BANK pull? Is Discover Recon Easy?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Which CRA does US BANK pull? Is Discover Recon Easy?

Now that I got rejected for the BCP. I figured I might just apply for Discover or US Bank Cash+ in the meantime.

Which bureau does US Bank pull? I live in socal, california, if that matters.

Discover pulls EQUIFAX right?

What other banks are there that pull EQ or TU? I got <2 inquiries on those 2, but >8 inquiries on my EX, so EX is no go lol.

Anyone knows about discover recon process as well? Is it easy like Chase? Or is it inflexible like amex/citi?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Which CRA does US BANK pull?

US Bank pulled EX for me in NY when I app'd for the Cash+. Discover pulled EQ.

Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

o god. all these banks that pull EX is making me depressed Smiley Sad

are they inquiry sensitive? just curious lol.......

i'm definitely not adding anymore inquiries to my ex until some of them fall off this june.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Do you live near a US Bank branch? You can only apply in-branch for the Cash+ card.

I think you should definitely go for the Discover it card with the $50 referral. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

is discover easy on recons like chase as well? Or are they're inflexible like citi/amex?

i live in los angeles and there's a big US bank building 2miles away from where i live, so i am guessing there's one, though i have never paid attention to one myself. I doubt i'll be applying for it until later in the summer maybe.

Message 5 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

A good site to check out is http://www.whogavemecredit.com/

Also, google "credit pulls" and click on the "CB" site (the forbidden site as per myFICO LOL).

Message 6 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Chase and Barclays are the best with recons. I honestly think you will get approved for a Discover card.

Message 7 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Chase and Barclays are the best with recons. I honestly think you will get approved for a Discover card.

haha thanks! i am hoping that too. my bmw statement is due today, so hopefully my loan balance gets updated and i can apply right away for discover.

just in case if i do get denied though, how are the odds like with their recon department? Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

haha thanks! i am hoping that too. my bmw statement is due today, so hopefully my loan balance gets updated and i can apply right away for discover.

just in case if i do get denied though, how are the odds like with their recon department? Smiley Surprised

I'm not too knowledgeable about Discover recons, hopefully others will chime in.

YMMV. I was able to recon my initial limit of 5k to 10k:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-More-approved-amp-initial-CL-recon-success-5k-...

Message 9 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Which CRA does US BANK pull? Is Discover Recon Easy?

Keep us posted. Gotta get back to work! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.