tag
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Which Card CLD most

Please advise which of the following is more prone to CLD:

Citi

Discover

Bank of America

I have some balance of these three cards and want to pay some off, but want to avoid a CLD for the payment i make.

Thanks a lot for the advise.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Which Card CLD most

Any lender can (and has) CLD people. There is no "so and so CLDs the most". Anytime you are doing "risky behavior" with any lender, such as huge balances, min payment, constant cash advances -- you can be CLD.

There is no real answer to your question, but based on what I have read I've seen BOA do it the most out of the three you listed, but it keep in mind that just represents the population here (a small percent of cardholders).

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico_Dish wrote:

Please advise which of the following is more prone to CLD:

Citi

Discover

Bank of America

I have some balance of these three cards and want to pay some off, but want to avoid a CLD for the payment i make.

Thanks a lot for the advise.

Citi, by far.

Message 3 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

Out of the three on your list Citi.

Message 4 of 15
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Thanks for the help.

My own idea was in this order:

Citi

BOA

Discover

I have balance of about 3K on each of the above and I will get some 6K this month and that is why i was asking as to which cards to clear and keeping the limit not CLD. I think i will clean Discover and BOA and work on citi after that. Any ideas??

Message 5 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Citi without doubt

Message 6 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

In the most respectful way possible, I would say that instead of worrying about which cards to "clean" in anticipation of a potential CLD, in the future, you should manage your cards responsibly. Do not charge more than you can afford. This way you don't have to care which lender CLD the most because you won't appear as a "risky" person who deserves a CLD.

I'm sorry if I'm being too blunt but just trying to offer my honest advice. This is one of those things you shouldn't need to worry about. Take control of your spending and then you can say "who cares?" as far as who CLDs the most. Good luck.

Message 7 of 15
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Kmdm31091: You are blunt and correct. But sometime life forces you to get into debt and things go out of control. The attempt that i am trying to make is to do some calculated judgement for future in case there is a sudden need of some credit.

Message 8 of 15
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Fico_Dish wrote:

Kmdm31091: You are blunt and correct. But sometime life forces you to get into debt and things go out of control. The attempt that i am trying to make is to do some calculated judgement for future in case there is a sudden need of some credit.

So stop looking at banks and establish a relationship with a CU. My CU doesn't care if my card is maxed. and I've cash advanced and they don't mind. Treat them well, and they'll do the same. I fully expect that if I have financial issues that other lenders will CLD. I'm not too concerned because of my CU card.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 9 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

+100
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.