cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card Gives Authorized User TSA or Global Entry?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Which Card Gives Authorized User TSA or Global Entry?

I'm not sure, probably none.  I know some cards give AUs travel credit, like Ritz and possibly AmEx Plat. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Card Gives Authorized User TSA or Global Entry?

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm not sure, probably none.  I know some cards give AUs travel credit, like Ritz and possibly AmEx Plat. 

None give it to AUs in addition to the primary card holder but obviously you can use the credit for someone other than yourself.

Message 2 of 9
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

All 3 of my Amex Platinum AU's have gotten Precheck for free I am sure it works for global entry as well.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

All 3 of my Amex Platinum AU's have gotten Precheck for free I am sure it works for global entry as well.

You're correct.  Totally forgot that AUs get it as well.  I was corrected on this once before so you think I'd remember.  That's what happens when you get older. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

You're correct.  Totally forgot that AUs get it as well.  I was corrected on this once before so you think I'd remember.  That's what happens when you get older. Smiley Frustrated

I wouldn't consider that as being free as American Express charges you to add them as an Authorized User on the Platinum.  

Message 5 of 9
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I wouldn't consider that as being free as American Express charges you to add them as an Authorized User on the Platinum.  

Well, technically you are right Smiley Happy But $175 for 3 Prechecks or Global Entry plus the extra plat perks is still a pretty good deal in my book. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, I can confirm that AU cards on Amex Platinum do work for Global Entry - that should work for all personal and business versions.  As far as I am aware, American Express is the only issuer offering more than 1 credit per account (i.e. 4 credits total for primary user and 3 AUs).  And their credits are near-instant once the charge actually posts.

While there's only 1 credit per account, an AU card on Ritz-Carlton or Sapphire Reserve would receive the credit also, since for some reason Chase insists on issuing duplicate cards (only the names change) for AUs and there's really no way to determine who charged what.  No idea about Aviator Silver, Prestige, AAdvantage Executive, FlexPerks, TravElite, forthcoming BOA Premium Rewards... did I miss any?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

Well, technically you are right Smiley Happy But $175 for 3 Prechecks or Global Entry plus the extra plat perks is still a pretty good deal in my book. 

That is still 58 dollars a Global Entry and if you only have one person that is 175 dollars vs 99 fee.   

Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

An authorized user on the Platinum Card gets all of the same benefits as the primary user except for the (technically shared) airline and Uber credits, so saying it's a $175 fee for Global Entry is like saying the Platinum card itself is paying $550 a year for a once every 4-5 years Global Entry credit.  I would hope no one is really becoming a Platinum member solely for the GE or PreCheck benefit.  Most of us that are cardholders consider the GE benefit to be just that - a benefit of a card we already need/want rather than an offset to the fees.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.