cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card companies use Trans Union to make credit decisions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Card companies use Trans Union to make credit decisions?

My Trans Union report has the highest of my three scores.  Just trying to find a card company that would be the easiest to qualify with even with several inquiries from buying a house and a car in the last 6 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Which Card companies use Trans Union to make credit decisions?

Any GEMB card Walmart, amazon ,gap, the list is endless.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 12
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Chase has pulled TU for me as well as Barclays and all the GE backed cards.

You can always check whogavemecredit.com

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason86423 wrote:

You can always check whogavemecredit.com

Now that I learned to scroll down to the bottom to read the latest entries on the whogavemecredit website, I've found that's a great tool to use for the future! 

Message 4 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Barclays has pulled TU only for me....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 12
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Barclays has pulled TU only for me....

Yes!  They're known for pulling TU.  I'm not sure if they'd like all those inquiries though.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Barclays which also offers the LL Bean Visa.umm now i'm even more tempted. My TU is my highest score with 1 paid collection and only 1 hard inq.

Message 8 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Concur with the growing consensus here...GEMB/GE Credit and Barclays are two card issuers who rely almost solely on TU.

While we're on the topic of TU, can I add a positive observation regarding this particular bureau?

I have been after EX to correct no less than a dozen incorrect items on my credit report...including a judgment that was incorrectly entered (was PIF before it found its way into a court...the company, its attorneys, and the court itself have all provided EX with documentation to remove it...still waiting...)...and they move like mud on dispute items while my score with them sits at 626.

EQ is a little better about disputes, but still moves rather slowly to correct.

TU, IME, is a swift mover with credit disputes and corrections to your report - including balances. As many of you probably know, HSBC and Cap1 are sort of slow to update balances. I have disputed balances with these companies through the bureaus when they are 1-2 months behind and I have paid the balances down. EQ is slow...EX is nowhere to be found...TU updates in 1-2 weeks.

Anyway, I'm guessing this may be a reason so many card issuers rely on TU. They seem to be very easy to work with and helpful.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Concur with the growing consensus here...GEMB/GE Credit and Barclays are two card issuers who rely almost solely on TU.

While we're on the topic of TU, can I add a positive observation regarding this particular bureau?

I have been after EX to correct no less than a dozen incorrect items on my credit report...including a judgment that was incorrectly entered (was PIF before it found its way into a court...the company, its attorneys, and the court itself have all provided EX with documentation to remove it...still waiting...)...and they move like mud on dispute items while my score with them sits at 626.

EQ is a little better about disputes, but still moves rather slowly to correct.

TU, IME, is a swift mover with credit disputes and corrections to your report - including balances. As many of you probably know, HSBC and Cap1 are sort of slow to update balances. I have disputed balances with these companies through the bureaus when they are 1-2 months behind and I have paid the balances down. EQ is slow...EX is nowhere to be found...TU updates in 1-2 weeks.

Anyway, I'm guessing this may be a reason so many card issuers rely on TU. They seem to be very easy to work with and helpful.

Thats very strange, I've always found EX to be the fastest to update info and then EQ and last but not least TU, but that's just my experience.

To the OP......... GEMB, Barclays seem to pull TU mostly, like the others have said.

Best of Luck!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.