cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card for 4-5k+ Instant Approval?

tag
Capya
New Contributor

Re: Which Card for 4-5k+ Instant Approval?

I recently applied for AmEx Blue Cash Everyday

Experian 767 

Income $42000

Highest CL - Amazon $1400

Average Age of Accounts - 5 years

1 Baddie on report - a medical collection from 2008

Instantly Approved with CL of $12,500

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
riffdex
Valued Member

AMEX was the first to approve me with a high CL. I had 3 CC's $2250, $1700, and $1200. Applied for AMEX BCE and got instant approved for $7100. AAoA's 1 year and my income isnt even high (18k) but I still got a high CL. Only reason I can see they gave me that much is bc my high credit score and flawless credit history. If you don't want to apply for a CLI and just want a new card, I would suggest AMEX BCE over your other ideas.
AMEX BCE $7,100 eBay MasterCard $5,000 SallieMae MasterCard $1,100 Emigrant Direct $4,500 Wells Fargo Platinum $1,500
Belk Rewards $1,700 Amazon Rewards $3,000 WalMart Discover $1,200 Barclay's Rewards $1,000 Discover More $2,800

What's in your wallet? : D
Message 22 of 28
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@aaron3 wrote:

Thanks for the replies - as to my spending, a lot on groceries and gas, not a lot of travel. I plan to spend a significant amount but carry a low balance. 

IF you are planning on carrying a balance at all, I would probably go with a discover IT over the amex.  Amex, (my favorite go to card) although offering a revolver, they really still act like its a charge and they tend to frown upon balances being carried for any amount of time.  Other than that, I would recommend the Amex Blue Cash..I have the every day version, not the preferred...cuz I didn't want the AF....

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 23 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@codimom wrote:

@aaron3 wrote:

Thanks for the replies - as to my spending, a lot on groceries and gas, not a lot of travel. I plan to spend a significant amount but carry a low balance. 

IF you are planning on carrying a balance at all, I would probably go with a discover IT over the amex.  Amex, (my favorite go to card) although offering a revolver, they really still act like its a charge and they tend to frown upon balances being carried for any amount of time.  Other than that, I would recommend the Amex Blue Cash..I have the every day version, not the preferred...cuz I didn't want the AF....

That AF scares a lot of people.  As said before though, the BCP is almost always the correct choice, if you have a supermarket that offers useful gift cards, and your total spend on groceries and places you can use the gift cards is greater than $2500 per year.  (And if you buy any gas, this figure goes down as well because of the extra 1% on gas).

Message 24 of 28
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

@aaron3 wrote:

+++1      Amex

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 25 of 28
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I'd recommend the BCP others have mentioned for the gas/groceries, and the Cap1 quicksilver for all other everyday purchases - 2 cards, and you're getting a decent base 1.5% CB no matter where you go, PLUS you'll have one card with no forex fees should you ever go outside the country Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 26 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Call BofA for a CLI. You should be able to get a decent CL for most cards based upon your credit history.

I agree with this, then maybe app for 1 card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 28
thebusymind
New Contributor

If you can, try joining USAA or Navy Federal.  They're really really generous with their limits; especially with people with your credit.  I'd also look into the Chase Saphire Preffered. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.