cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card should I apply for if any??

tag
CadillacMack
Valued Member

Re: Which Card should I apply for if any??

@distantarray wrote:

Capita one and DCU would be my top two choices or start, and probably a wells fargo secured or a local credit union if possible, just make sure the card graduates, you don't want to lose AAoA when you close the accounts for better ones.

DCU is good cause they givve you a free fico score monthly for having an account with them Fico EQ04

Is this credit union only for people in that state? Ive never seen any of these banks in NC.

Message 11 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@CadillacMack wrote:

Uhhh, I didnt really decide against the cap one, I had just read so many negative things about them I just wanted to do more research I guess and see what else could be out there for me, if any. I do however see your point and I may just do that, and get the cap one card.

Thanks,

Cadillac Mack

Capital One is one of the best for people builidng and rebuilidng credit.  AF and terms are reasonable.  You can try the prequalify on their website, and they generally approve what the offer you.   I suggest you do that and take the best they offer, even the secured card.    

This site includes a lot of Capital One bashers and AMEX proponets.   I disagree with both.   

Message 12 of 15
CadillacMack
Valued Member

Do anyone know anything about Continental Finance Matrix Discover credit card?

Message 13 of 15
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Matrix? I just got one and it is my first of 2 starter cards (other Cap1) I jumped on the Matrix without looking up info on them, I don't think I read one good thing. $100 deposit for $300 limit and bill was in the mail (annual fee)  the same day the card got here. Rates are through  the roof, $10 charge to pay by phone , $75 annual feeI and closed on the weekends. The only thing good about it was it jumped by score by 44pts Smiley Happy  As far as the Cap1 I got nothing bad to say about them at all. Take the cap1 card over Matrix..trust me. If you don't beleave me just read what people have to say about them.

Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 14 of 15
CadillacMack
Valued Member

Thanks for your reply and the advise. Yea I think I will just get the cap one card for now and garden that to see where that will take me.

Thank you all,

Cadillac Mack

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.