Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card to get

tag
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Which Card to get

Guys,

I am looking into getting a new CC. Currently credit rating is very good and i have one Amex, and two Cap One, balances are at zero except for one which is at 50%. Student loans are defferd and have a car loan, I recently bought a house also and will be closing next month.

Any advise which card should I be applying for that will be give me atleast 10K limit with a reasonable apr.

Thanks

Ed

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Which Card to get

@ineedcreditbad wrote:

Guys,

I am looking into getting a new CC. Currently credit rating is very good and i have one Amex, and two Cap One, balances are at zero except for one which is at 50%. Student loans are defferd and have a car loan, I recently bought a house also and will be closing next month.

Any advise which card should I be applying for that will be give me atleast 10K limit with a reasonable apr.

Thanks

Ed

Wait until you close on the house!!!!
Message 2 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

MsKiwi wrote:

@ineedcreditbad wrote:

Guys,

Thanks

Ed

Wait until you close on the house!!!!

I'll second that.  You never know when they'll pull your credit -- don't do anything to make them twitchy just in case!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 8
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

That is the intention to close first and then apply. Should I wait for a month and then apply for CC or right away after closing?
Message 4 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

When the new mtg hits it will lower your AAoA.  The actual amount isn't a HUGE deal scorewise, but if the mtg appears on your report they might question your ability to pay for the mtg and the cards.  I'm guessing they'll ask own/rent/other and that might confuse them if there isn't a mtg showing, but eh, who knows.

I'd do it as soon as you close.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 5 of 8
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Good point. Any suggestion which cards should I be going for that are lending these days?

My Blacklist are BOA,CITI, CHASE, WAMU and HSBC. All others are welcome.

Message 6 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

How about a CU card?

What are your scores?  AAoA?  Length?  Other info?

You want a 10k+ card, but your blacklist is extensive.  Why so many on the list?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 7 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@ineedcreditbad wrote:

Good point. Any suggestion which cards should I be going for that are lending these days?

My Blacklist are BOA,CITI, CHASE, WAMU and HSBC. All others are welcome.

If you have solid credit, one to consider is Discover Card, the quiet success of the industry.  They did a better job than most at underwriting during the boom years, so now they have fewer customers they have come to regret having and therefore are under less pressure to clamp down on their customers.

More in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=150185

Edited to add here is the Business Week article mentioned in that thread:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_08/b4120056121668.htm?campaign_id=rss_null

Message Edited by MattH on 03-11-2009 08:19 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.