Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Which Card to get

Guys,

 

I am looking into getting a new CC. Currently credit rating is very good and i have one Amex, and two Cap One, balances are at zero except for one which is at 50%. Student loans are defferd and have a car loan, I recently bought a house also and will be closing next month.

 

Any advise which card should I be applying for that will be give me atleast 10K limit with a reasonable apr.

 

Thanks

 

Ed

Established Contributor
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎03-20-2008

Re: Which Card to get


ineedcreditbad wrote:

Guys,

 

I am looking into getting a new CC. Currently credit rating is very good and i have one Amex, and two Cap One, balances are at zero except for one which is at 50%. Student loans are defferd and have a car loan, I recently bought a house also and will be closing next month.

 

Any advise which card should I be applying for that will be give me atleast 10K limit with a reasonable apr.

 

Thanks

 

Ed


 

Wait until you close on the house!!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Which Card to get


MsKiwi wrote:

ineedcreditbad wrote:

Guys,

 

I am looking into getting a new CC. Currently credit rating is very good and i have one Amex, and two Cap One, balances are at zero except for one which is at 50%. Student loans are defferd and have a car loan, I recently bought a house also and will be closing next month.

 

Any advise which card should I be applying for that will be give me atleast 10K limit with a reasonable apr.

 

Thanks

 

Ed


 

Wait until you close on the house!!!!

 

I'll second that.  You never know when they'll pull your credit -- don't do anything to make them twitchy just in case!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: Which Card to get

That is the intention to close first and then apply. Should I wait for a month and then apply for CC or right away after closing?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Which Card to get

When the new mtg hits it will lower your AAoA.  The actual amount isn't a HUGE deal scorewise, but if the mtg appears on your report they might question your ability to pay for the mtg and the cards.  I'm guessing they'll ask own/rent/other and that might confuse them if there isn't a mtg showing, but eh, who knows.

 

I'd do it as soon as you close.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: Which Card to get

Good point. Any suggestion which cards should I be going for that are lending these days?

 

My Blacklist are BOA,CITI, CHASE, WAMU and HSBC. All others are welcome.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Which Card to get

How about a CU card?

 

What are your scores?  AAoA?  Length?  Other info?

 

You want a 10k+ card, but your blacklist is extensive.  Why so many on the list?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,240
Registered: ‎04-03-2008
0

Re: Which Card to get

[ Edited ]

ineedcreditbad wrote:

Good point. Any suggestion which cards should I be going for that are lending these days?

 

My Blacklist are BOA,CITI, CHASE, WAMU and HSBC. All others are welcome.


If you have solid credit, one to consider is Discover Card, the quiet success of the industry.  They did a better job than most at underwriting during the boom years, so now they have fewer customers they have come to regret having and therefore are under less pressure to clamp down on their customers.

 

More in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=150185

 

 Edited to add here is the Business Week article mentioned in that thread:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_08/b4120056121668.htm?campaign_id=rss_null

 

Message Edited by MattH on 03-11-2009 08:19 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.