Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Cards Offer Check By Mail Payments

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Which Cards Offer Check By Mail Payments

These days, if you live in certain major metropolitan areas, finding a place with VRs let alone allowing you to purchase them with a CC with be quite a challenge.  In Northern CA, they're all but gone; and, in the few places where they're still offered (not even CVS offers them anymore), a debit card is required.

Message 21 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Yeah I was reading about all the hoopla last November at office depot. 

Now, I am just trying to clarify:

Is the problem with  others that don't say "VanillaReload" with the Amex logo (like Visa Gift cards and OneVanilla etc.) that you can't load that money to BlueBird directly? 

Can you fund BlueBird from Paypal? The PayPal cards are easy to find.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 22 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Yeah I was reading about all the hoopla last November at office depot. 

Now, I am just trying to clarify:

Is the problem with  others that don't say "VanillaReload" with the Amex logo (like Visa Gift cards and OneVanilla etc.) that you can't load that money to BlueBird directly? 

Can you fund BlueBird from Paypal? The PayPal cards are easy to find.

Only a "Vanilla Reload" can be used to load funds directly into an Amex Bluebird account.  The "Vanilla Debit" or any other kinds of prepaids are unable to be used as a "load" into the Bluebird account.

To my knowledge, the only way to fund Bluebird with a credit card is through a Vanilla Reload card.  No other forms of prepaids will work.

Message 23 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

open123,

what about loading your paypal account with a paypal reload and then transferring the money to a checking account and then to bluebird?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 24 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

open123,

what about loading your paypal account with a paypal reload and then transferring the money to a checking account and then to bluebird?

This will work.

However, if done too often, Paypal will close your account.  They track when funds are loaded and immediately withdrawn.  

Message 25 of 29
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

That was vague.  I'm looking for any cards that allow you to pay bills by check that also generate rewards but don't count as cash advances.  For example, one of our car loans only accepts checks by mail or ACH from checking accounts.  I'd like to have a card that will cut a check payable to them so I can realize some rewards on the payments.  For that matter, how about mortgate or rent payments?  Does it even exist?

Wishful thinking.

Such thing does NOT exist. You want to know why purchase generates reward but BT and cash advance don't? It is because purchase generates swipe fee while other don't. Access check (which can fall under BT or cash advance depending the term) does not generate swipe fee, hence no reward.

Indriect route would be already mentioned BlueBird. However with OD no longer offering Vanilla Reload, you really can't squeeze reward out of this option.

Message 26 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Open123,

What business is it of paypal how much I transfer money? Is there a cost to them to move money in and out of paypal?

Message 27 of 29
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Open123,

What business is it of paypal how much I transfer money? Is there a cost to them to move money in and out of paypal?

That. It costs bank money to transfer money in fact.

There is also slight chances that you are using it to do money laundering.

Message 28 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Open123,

Well, it really isn't any of their business, but this movement of monies sets off fraud and money laundering triggers in their system.  Basically, paypal, serve, and other prepaid services all set triggers to flag money movement.

Once a trigger is set, it's manually reviewed.  I've seen cases where they'll close accounts citing, "not used as intended."  Not saying you will be flagged, but it is a real possibility when funds are deposited and immediately withdrawn.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.