Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Cards

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Which Cards

Well after my best buy decline I am really gonna stay in the garden for 2 years and let my accounts age. But once all inquires fall off and accounts age I was thinking about getting the AMEX PRG because I want a charge for everyday use and but not sure which revolver I should get for my other purchases im stuck between chase freedom chase sapphire or amex 365 propel from wells fargo. I pretty sure by then I should be at least 730s across the board my goals is 750-800s across the boards.

Currently: Discover It 1k , Chase Freedom AU 7.5k,  Wells Fargo Secured 300

TU:672 EQ: 663 EX: still waiting on my 6 months.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Cards

it's kinda hard to give you recommendations for two years from now; not to mention imagine the new products can be coming out in that time frame and what cards may no longer exist
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
it's kinda hard to give you recommendations for two years from now; not to mention imagine the new products can be coming out in that time frame and what cards may no longer exist

+1

also would be hard to say in that time how well you will be handling your card anything can happen between now and then. I'd just hold off for 6 months or more let that grow see where you are at. Generally that is what most creditors like to see how you handle your new accounts.

Message 3 of 13
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

also would be hard to say in that time how well you will be handling your card anything can happen between now and then. I'd just hold off for 6 months or more let that grow see where you are at. Generally that is what most creditors like to see how you handle your new accounts.

Excellent advice.

Besides, when it comes time for you to apply for credit again, you may have a very specific idea of what features you want in a card, and that will let you hone down your choices even more.

Message 4 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

I want a charge for everyday use

Why?  Not trying to shoot you down.  Just trying to understand your reasoning in order to provide feedback.

Do rewards on your spend matter?  If so, have you run the numbers for your spend and carefully looked at the redemption options with the MR program to get an idea of what sort of value you can get per point?

@Harvey26 wrote:

im stuck between chase freedom chase sapphire

Do you have sufficient spend to spread it among both UR and MR?

What are you major spend categories and how do the cards you're considering maximize rewards on those categories?  Selecting cards isn't just about the cards themselves but about how well they specifically suit you.

@Anonymous wrote:

This.  You can certainly go through the exercise (and it sounds like it might help you to better evaluate cards for yourself) but IMO there's not much point until you're closer to that date.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to above. Besides this is assuming you manage to stay in the garden for two years. Im not saying its impossible ijs you cant imagine how many people make this statement then approvals posts pop up not even two months later. Two years is a LONG time for a commitment like this, especially if you continue hanging around this website. Personally I think thats putting too much pressure on a person. Check off your progress every three months so you feel like you're actually accomplishing something.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the only likely way to garden for two years is putting a parental control on this site so you can't access it... even while intoxicated.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
the only likely way to garden for two years is putting a parental control on this site so you can't access it... even while intoxicated.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Robot LOL

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck. i gardened for under a month before drapping. now i am 6 days clean.
Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You can always request a temporary ban on yourself if you feel its necessary. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.