Simplicity

Any thoughts?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Which Citi card do you think is best?

Simplicity is the best card for BT or just extended 0% promos.

The TY preferred is the best card if your are basing it upon the standard offers. NPSL, and better rewards.

However if you are including all ongoing promos, then the thank you would be the best, since its the only card that has a 5X unlimited gas, groceries and drug stores offer.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I remember they were having a better promo for TYP if you app in a branch.
Message 3 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I remember they were having a better promo for TYP if you app in a branch.

Not sure.  The branch promos I know about are for the TY card (5x) and Premier (30K rather than 25K sign up) but that was a few weeks ago.

The TY and TY Pref are about to get some 2x categories (dining and entertainment I think).

Message 4 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No branch here, nearest is about 100 miles away.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

TY has my vote 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@enharu wrote:

The TY preferred is the best card if your are basing it upon the standard offers. NPSL, and better rewards.

However if you are including all ongoing promos, then the thank you would be the best, since its the only card that has a 5X unlimited gas, groceries and drug stores offer.

How long is the offer good for, enharu? Is there a cap one the bonus cash back? If there is a cap that is low, the difference will be rather minimal ...

Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@enharu wrote:

How long is the offer good for, enharu? Is there a cap one the bonus cash back? If there is a cap that is low, the difference will be rather minimal ...

Unlimited cash back (or rather TY points!) for 12 months.   For heavy users, the difference is considerable, some people are getting a few thousand dollars per month for example.

Message 8 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@longtimelurker wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Unlimited cash back (or rather TY points!) for 12 months.   For heavy users, the difference is considerable, some people are getting a few thousand dollars per month for example.

That sounds awesome actually. Even better than when the Cash+ was still offering 5% on bill pay and airfare

Message 9 of 14
johnpalley
Established Contributor

what about the best citi card for a low apr and the highest credit limit? dont care about rewards

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.