Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Citi cards do I PC to?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Citi cards do I PC to?

I currently have a Citi Diamond Prefered and Citi Thankyou Prefered. I am currently planning to PC one of them to DC. Which one would you recommend to be PC'd?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Citi cards do I PC to?

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a Citi Diamond Prefered and Citi Thankyou Prefered. I am currently planning to PC one of them to DC. Which one would you recommend to be PC'd?

It really depends on the account history. What are your limits and APRs? PC one that has the APR and limit you prefer for your DC, one you might not use otherwise. If the card with better limits and APR is also a card you might still use after getting the Double Cash, it might be a hard decision.

Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

FWIW Just changed my CDP card for the new DC and it was simple and painless. Make sure you had the card at least 1 full year first.

Message 3 of 7
Shock
Established Contributor

+1 here. I did a PC on my Diamond Preferred to a DC. Still pissed at the 4200 dollar line but I'm gonna put some heavy spend on there and see what happens.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 4 of 7
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

+1 here. I did a PC on my Diamond Preferred to a DC. Still pissed at the 4200 dollar line but I'm gonna put some heavy spend on there and see what happens.

When I was approved for Citi DC, they only gave me $3300. I had to take a seperate HP to get it up to $12K. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shock wrote:

And on the other side, I PC'd my TYP to double cash.    Unless you have Premier or Prestige as well, there is no reward advantage to the TYP over DC (2% somewhere vs 2% everywhere) and if you do have the Premier or Prestige, you don't need the TYP!

I lost the tier in doing some (WMC to normal) but I can cope!

Message 6 of 7
Shock
Established Contributor

Dang. I wanted to have all my cards VS, WMC or WEMC. Prestigious reasons of course lol. I know it doesnt matter but it puts a smile on my face

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.