Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Citi is better for me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Citi is better for me?

I want to apply for a citi card. My credit is excellent, I know Citi is subprime, but what would be their best card as far as initial CL and rewards? Any advice?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Citi is better for me?

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to apply for a citi card. My credit is excellent, I know Citi is subprime, but what would be their best card as far as initial CL and rewards? Any advice?

Why do you think Citi is subprime?

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

high APR, cards for subprime credit etc. Which of their products would you advice for excellent credit?
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would apply for any of these four cards but the top two have annual fee's ---->Click  these should get you very nice limits if you have excellent credit Lexa.

Platinum Select has balance transfer as well.

Just a few thought's on this.....good luck

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-24-2009 03:49 PM
Message 4 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

A credit card cannot be prime or subprime.  The cardholder and his/her credit determines if they're consider prime or subprime. 
Message 5 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused. First you call Citi cards "subprime" (which I guess makes me subprime since I have a Citi card) but then you want to apply for one?  Why would you debase yourself by considering such an awful product if you have excellent credit? There are many "prestige" cards out there.

Just curious.

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Citi, it has good initial CL and increases it every 3-6mo. But Citi is a subprime lender. I really need a high limit card right now and I had no problems with my co-branded Key Bank Mastercard. 
Message 7 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

I have 2 Citi cards with good rates. Approved for a prime cardholder by a prime bank.  Citi never sleeps!
Message 8 of 29
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/cardDetail.do?screenID=945&origincontentId=CONSUMER&CONTENT_TYPE=...

l

This card here is the granddaddy of Citi cards. Looks like it has allot to offer if you can qualify for it.  

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.