cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Card Are You Most Ashamed Of!?

tag
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Credit Card Are You Most Ashamed Of!?

Capital One platium visa.  iIs a shame the cards dont grow considering im perfect with them and used it plenty back in the day. Its now sockdrawered, till i leave this place we call Earth Smiley Tongue

Message 101 of 108
Volpes
Regular Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

Capital One platium visa.  iIs a shame the cards dont grow considering im perfect with them and used it plenty back in the day. Its now sockdrawered, till i leave this place we call Earth Smiley Tongue

Isn't it considered a bad idea not to have a credit card sit unused for a lenght of time?

Message 102 of 108
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

Isn't it considered a bad idea not to have a credit card sit unused for a lenght of time?

I do.. I just run a couple small automatic monthly charges through it. One of them being MYFICO score watch lol.

Message 103 of 108
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

Yes, as long as you run a charge through it every now and then you'll be fine.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 104 of 108
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Has the card aged one year yet if not keep it open

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 105 of 108
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Im 43 and just establishing credit for the first time no use in crying over spilt milk just get a paper towel ya know?

Message 106 of 108
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

The way I see it, no reason to be ashamed.  What is done is done. I regret keeping some cards as long as I did and not looking into other options sooner (FP and Applied) but I am not ashamed I had them.  I mean at the time when I applied I needed them and regardless of how bad the terms may have been, they did help me re-build.  I had someone up here and tell me how disgusted they would be carrying a FP card and that Amex should have basically denied me for having one. (Because Amex didn't give me a CLI at the 61 day mark).  But oh well, FP wouldn't still be in business if people were not using their cards so I am not the first and I won't be the last. So, ashamed no; glad they are gone, yes!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 107 of 108
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+10,0000

Message 108 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.