cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Card Are You Most Ashamed Of!?

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Which Credit Card Are You Most Ashamed Of!?

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@pkhuu78 wrote:

Hooters...

I hope you never broke that puppy out to pay for dinner with a date.. if so, now you know why she didn't call back! hahaha

I did and goit asked once if I worked for Hooters and also used at Hooters and got complemented so all is good

Message 11 of 108
nomoore
Contributor

My Target VISA was my first CC (store card that graduated). I don't think it is particularly prestigious but I'm not ashamed of it. And I am definitely not ashamed of my AMEX. Instead, I am ashamed of the way I managed credit in the past (or rather didn't manage it). I eventually got smart and took out a personal loan to pay off the CC since it would force me to pay it off within a certain timeframe. I am still paying for that lack of credit management. Smiley Sad

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 12 of 108
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Applied is my oldest trade line, ugh! Smiley Frustrated

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 13 of 108
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@nomoore wrote:

My Target VISA was my first CC (store card that graduated). I don't think it is particularly prestigious but I'm not ashamed of it. And I am definitely not ashamed of my AMEX. Instead, I am ashamed of the way I managed credit in the past (or rather didn't manage it). I eventually got smart and took out a personal loan to pay off the CC since it would force me to pay it off within a certain timeframe. I am still paying for that lack of credit management. Smiley Sad

I hear they are might be bringing back the Target Visa..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 108
beb86
Valued Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

Credit One.... smh....Smiley Sad

+1 I cant wait to axe mine

Message 15 of 108
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Credit One Bank its the oldest tradeline, I can't seem to axe it.   Hsbc platinum and sears solution mastercard got the axe last year both of those were stuck at 400.00 for four years!

Message 16 of 108
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@VEEVEE wrote:

Credit One Bank its the oldest tradeline, I can't seem to axe it.   Hsbc platinum and sears solution mastercard got the axe last year both of those were stuck at 400.00 for four years!

400.00 for 4 years? That's ludicrous!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 108
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Not really "ashamed" of any of my cards, but if I had to pick one I guess it'd be one of my Cap1 cards. On the rare occasion I use one (just to keep it active) I always feel as if anyone who see's it thinks "ew, Cap1. He must have bad credit." Smiley Very Happy

Even though most people don't know a Cap1 from a Chase nowadays.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 108
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

If I get AMEX again, I will be ashamed of myself.   They treated me badly and don't deserve my business.   But that 1989 backdating is a powerful temptation.   Even if I get it, it will not be my primary use card, like it used to be.

Message 19 of 108
Datx
Valued Contributor

FP and Hooters. I honestly think the Hooters card may become a turn off when LO's are viewing my CRs. I closed it already, but that thing is going to be on my reports for awhile.

Message 20 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.