Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Card Should I Apply For?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit Card Should I Apply For?

I recently came out of the garden to apply for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card, and I was approved! I'm so excited to have this charge card, and I can't wait to reap the benefits. Now that I'm out of the garden breifly, I would like to get one more good card.  Here is a list of what I have now:

Amex Everyday- 2000

Amex Blue Cash- 2000

Amex PRG

First National Bank of Omaha Amex- 2600

Discover It- 2500

Citbank Diamond- 4000

Capital One Platinum- 3400

I don't want to try for any Captial One accounts because i'll get a hit on all 3 reports. My fiico scores are 670 Experian, 669 Transunion, and 670 Equafax.  I had a Chase card charge off in 2008; I eventually paid that account in full. I tried with Chase last December, but I was denied. Although I paid that account off, I think I'm in their doghouse.  Any suggestions would be helpful! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Which Credit Card Should I Apply For?

The definition of a "good" card depends on the individual. You have some good cards with really good diversification, so why do you want another card? I wouldn't apply just because you're out of the garden. Unless your overall portfolio isn't diversified, like you only have CCs, then maybe I'd do that because it would help your score, but that's it. I feel like you have CC part covered. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

The definition of a "good" card depends on the individual. You have some good cards with really good diversification, so why do you want another card? I wouldn't apply just because you're out of the garden. Unless your overall portfolio isn't diversified, like you only have CCs, then maybe I'd do that because it would help your score, but that's it. I feel like you have CC part covered. 

Well that's kinda of what I was thinking. I really have no use for any other cards, and I couldn't think of any other benifical cards. I honestly kind of just got that itch lol. Thanks 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Well that's kinda of what I was thinking. I really have no use for any other cards, and I couldn't think of any other benifical cards. I honestly kind of just got that itch lol. Thanks 

Sometimes itches are best left unscratched or need some calamine lotion put on.  Unless you have a specific card that you need or have some immediate use for I would hold off until one does so that you'll save those inquiries for them.  

Message 4 of 7
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Oh, I got me some hydrocortisone cream. It helps with my itch! Smiley Very Happy But in all seriousness, if you don't have a PLOC or some kind of loan, then that's what I'd go for.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently came out of the garden to apply for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card, and I was approved! I'm so excited to have this charge card, and I can't wait to reap the benefits. Now that I'm out of the garden breifly, I would like to get one more good card.  Here is a list of what I have now:

Amex Everyday- 2000

Amex Blue Cash- 2000

Amex PRG

First National Bank of Omaha Amex- 2600

Discover It- 2500

Citbank Diamond- 4000

Capital One Platinum- 3400

I don't want to try for any Captial One accounts because i'll get a hit on all 3 reports. My fiico scores are 670 Experian, 669 Transunion, and 670 Equafax.  I had a Chase card charge off in 2008; I eventually paid that account in full. I tried with Chase last December, but I was denied. Although I paid that account off, I think I'm in their doghouse.  Any suggestions would be helpful! 

try to convert your cap1 to a QS, or possibly get a DC and move limit from your DP to it. Other than that, keep using, and try for amex 3x CLI regularly.  U probably could get in with a chase cobranded card.  Your lineup looks great to me.

Message 6 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't app just to app or "scratch an itch". Credit card accounts remain on your report for 10 years once opened. Not really something to do on a whim.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.