Which Credit Card to get?

tag
falcon7xx
Contributor

Which Credit Card to get?

My wife is looking to get a credit card and her score are the following:

Transunion:742

Equifax: 742

The only downside on her reports his her average credit history is short. Only about 5 years. What is a good credit card for her to get.

She currenlty has:

Bank of America Amex rewards: $1,500 limit

Capital One Plat Rewards: $750 limit

I am looking to get her something with a higher limit. I just got the BofA card bumped up from $1000.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Credit Card to get?

As long as she doesnt have any baddies on her CR I would go for any card from Discover but I would try for the one with the 18 month 0% intro APR

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would agree with Discover. I just got the Discover More card with a TU of 710 and average credit line open of 2 years with a 4,000 line of credit. Also the AMEX Sync may be a good option too. But Discover more offers the 5% cash back on different things every 3 months and 1% for every purchase after you spend $3,000 annually. 

Message 3 of 13
falcon7xx
Contributor

What about American Express Blue Card Rewards. I just did a help me find a card on the Amex website and they said she is pre-approved for a blue card rewards or travel card.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a solid card. With her score she should get it. Is it the one with the annual fees?

Message 5 of 13
falcon7xx
Contributor

No annual fee

Message 6 of 13
laboi_22
Established Contributor

This is one of the best cash back cards currently available to those with excellent credit. I would go for it. The preferred card carries a $75 fee but the rewards are amazing. This is the only card without caps and high earning potential. If you spend in those catagories of course. If you spend at least $50 per week at grocery stores, you will pay the $75 off plus more. Can't go wrong there.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 7 of 13
falcon7xx
Contributor

She just applied for the Blue Amex and they said they cannot process in 60 seconds and will email her their decision. Is this a decline? Should we call Amex?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me when I applied for Chase and Discover. I just called and said I was checking on my app then I was transferred to talk to someone who asked me questions to verify my id. Then I was approved for both! 

Message 9 of 13
falcon7xx
Contributor

She just got the email she was approved! Don't know the CL yet though....

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.