cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Reporting Agency Does Discover Use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Credit Reporting Agency Does Discover Use?

EQ
Message 11 of 28
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in Cali, and they double-pulled EQ and EX for my Discover It app, and now it's TU for CLI's.

Hey Bella, didn't know that discover pulled TransUnion for credit limit increases. I knew they pulled Equifax for approval. The Transit Union is definitely good news, as that is my best credit score!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be more specific I was asking about what CRA Discover uses for credit monitoring, not CLI or apps. I don't even have a Discover card, I just their FREE credit scorecard to access my FICO8 score.  

Message 13 of 28
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Their free scorecard (available to everyone) uses Experian FICO 8. If you have a Discover card, you can also get a TransUnion FICO 8 from within your account.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in Cali, and they double-pulled EQ and EX for my Discover It app, and now it's TU for CLI's.

Hey Bella, didn't know that discover pulled TransUnion for credit limit increases. I knew they pulled Equifax for approval. The Transit Union is definitely good news, as that is my best credit score!

Hey grill, I just meant for SP CLIs. Whenever I get a denial (which is oftenSmiley Sad) they always send me the letter, and the score on the back is always my TU FICO 8 score that was last updated in my Disco account. I'm glad TU is your highest! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

sonatina, to answer your question above I'd say they use TU, since that's the bureau the SP your account on monthly to provide you with your FICO score. Presumably, the score one sees when logging into their account is the one Disc is going off of in the decisions made regarding the account.
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
sonatina, to answer your question above I'd say they use TU, since that's the bureau the SP your account on monthly to provide you with your FICO score. Presumably, the score one sees when logging into their account is the one Disc is going off of in the decisions made regarding the account.

That would be odd because I'm going through the process of removing the PAID collection and TU was only one of the three that confirmed the account wa still being reported.  The written response from TU said they had no record of the account in question but when I pulled a report it was still there. When I called them a supervisor said the "letter  was in error". Queer. The other odd thing is my TU score has been 30-40 points higher than the other two for the last three months on EIDT.   

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be odd because I'm going through the process of removing the PAID collection and TU was only one of the three that confirmed the account wa still being reported.  The written response from TU said they had no record of the account in question but when I pulled a report it was still there. When I called them a supervisor said the "letter  was in error". Queer. The other odd thing is my TU score has been 30-40 points higher than the other two for the last three months on EIDT.   

I'm not following you here.  What does Discover's monthly SPs for card holders have to do with your situation?  I believe earlier you stated that you don't have a Discover account, so I wouldn't think this even impacts you.  Maybe I'm missing something here.

Message 18 of 28
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Discover scorecard uses EX NOT TU, only card holders have access to the TU score from discover
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's TU that Discover uses for CLI's, I feel better in fact. I just checked my Amazon Store Card account, which also provides TU FICO scores but updates on a different date than Discover, and I found out that my TU FICO has jumped 16 points from 624 (4/30) to 640 as of 5/8. Smiley Very Happy That makes me feel more optimistic about my CLI chances on both Discover and Amazon!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.