cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Creditors Report on Authorized Users?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Creditors Report on Authorized Users?

I would like to hear everyone's experience with this. I am trying to help my OH bump up his score and added him to my Amex Premier Rewards Gold awhile ago. He recently was in the market for a new car and due to the Amex not having a credit limit, every place that he applied looked at it on his report and assumed it was maxed out. Smiley Mad A couple of weeks ago I added him to my BofA CC, which I'm pretty sure will report for him as well. 

Which other creditors do you know of that report on authorized users? I'm interested in hearing both major as well as consumer cards. Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
K_J
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Creditors Report on Authorized Users?

I have my DW as AU on my Capone and its currently reporting.

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover, Chase, Amex  Those I know from personal experience

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can verify that both Chase and AMEX report authorized users.

Message 4 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to hear everyone's experience with this. I am trying to help my OH bump up his score and added him to my Amex Premier Rewards Gold awhile ago. He recently was in the market for a new car and due to the Amex not having a credit limit, every place that he applied looked at it on his report and assumed it was maxed out. Smiley Mad A couple of weeks ago I added him to my BofA CC, which I'm pretty sure will report for him as well. 

Which other creditors do you know of that report on authorized users? I'm interested in hearing both major as well as consumer cards. Thanks!

That's an interesting response ~ did these creditors denied him or just give unfavorable terms ?  The whole point behind a charge card is that you CAN'T max it out ~ everything has to be paid in full.   Were they giving him feedback based on his FICO score, because FICO revolving utilization ignores charge card balances ( except TU98 )....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 15
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know if Barclays reports AU to the 3 CRAs?

Message 6 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Juss11 wrote:

It does, just need to make sure that the AUs address matches your address on their credit reports...Once the addresses and accounts line up, then it reports.  

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

IME BoA will add an AU. At least they did a few years ago.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizzadude-

It was strange, indeed. To answer your question they did both. One offered really bad terms and the other flat out denied. OH credit isn't perfect which is why I added him as AU, thinking the Amex would help. We were shocked at the response. We explained that it was a charge card that had to be paid in full monthly. They insisted that they still have a "pay over time" option. Although that is correct it only applies to certain purchases. It concerns me that this will become a problem for my credit as well, should anyone ever scrutinize it in this way. I love my Amex but this made me reconsider whether I'd be better off using a credit card with a high limit for my daily purchases.

Message 9 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@Juss11 wrote:

It does, just need to make sure that the AUs address matches your address on their credit reports...Once the addresses and accounts line up, then it reports.  

That's interesting.  I wonder if they switched to doing that after the FICO '08 anti-AU scoring got repealed?  That would generally preserve the reason for AU's being created in the first place, while limiting more of the abuses (lender perspective).  Now that you mention it, I wonder why more lenders haven't gone this route?

        
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.