cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Discover seems to be easiest to get?

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Discover seems to be easiest to get?

My EX score was the only score above 700 upon applying for the Discover Motiva.  I was approved for $1500 upon a recon.  A day after I received the card I did a product change to the Discover More...no problems at all.  They did the PC no questions asked.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 11 of 13
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

RED, it wasn't a "rumor."  I had the card until I received a change in terms letter a few months ago stating that the card was not being offered.  Per the letter, current Open Road members could keep the card but the 5% cashback on gas was being lowered to 2% and they were cancelling the car maintenance portion of the cashback.  In addition, the card was not offered on the website during that time.

Thus, in my personal experience the Discover Open Road card was discontinued.  At that point, I product changed to the Discover More. Currently, it appears that now they are offering the card again with different rewards.  But I can assure you that it wasn't the case a few months ago.  Anyway, I can only speak from my personal experience with the card!  As with any advice on this site, you take it with a grain of salt.  Have a wonderful day!

Message 12 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Romeoo47 wrote:

RED, it wasn't a "rumor."  I had the card until I received a change in terms letter a few months ago stating that the card was not being offered.  Per the letter, current Open Road members could keep the card but the 5% cashback on gas was being lowered to 2% and they were cancelling the car maintenance portion of the cashback.  In addition, the card was not offered on the website during that time.

Thus, in my personal experience the Discover Open Road card was discontinued.  At that point, I product changed to the Discover More. Currently, it appears that now they are offering the card again with different rewards.  But I can assure you that it wasn't the case a few months ago.  Anyway, I can only speak from my personal experience with the card!  As with any advice on this site, you take it with a grain of salt.  Have a wonderful day!

That's correct.

Much of the information available on this site is good and valuable, corrections to the contrary notwithstanding.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.