cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FICO score version does Navy federal credit union NFCU pull?

Frequent Contributor

Which FICO score version does Navy federal credit union NFCU pull?

does anyone know for sure which version of fico NFCU uses?

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Which FICO score version does Navy federal credit union NFCU pull?

NFCU uses their own internal scoring system that ranges from I think 100-450 off the top of my head.
In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 2 of 9
Established Contributor

Does that internal model correspond in any way to the FICO scores - that is, is it possible to take the NFCU score and match it up to an equivalent FICO score?

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/14, well along in rebuilding credit. FICO 12/1/17:TU 663/EX 697/EQ 688 FICO 8 (Aug 2017) or 680 FICO 9 (Penfed Sep 2017), VS 3.0 12/1/17: TU 699/EX 687/EQ 693. $33.2K revolving credit as of 11/7/17; $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $3500 Walmart Store Card, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $4000 Care Credit, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $4500 Discover It, $7000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden again from 10/26/17 for at least the next 3 months unless I get a really really good preapproval.
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

They use there own internal scoring systems, but also tend to use FICO 4 for loans and mortgages from the last conversations with a loan officer in January.

I just focus to make sure my FICO 4 is decent with NFCU since they tend to lean on that more than there own internal scoring system.

Message 4 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Fico 4 is transunion. So they always pull transunion?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

jdxprs1 wrote:
Fico 4 is transunion. So they always pull transunion?

They tend to pull whatever they feel like, the way people like to freeze stuff up to avoid them using a specific CB. But they are heavy on EQ and TU, for me personally I been only hit on EQ for all my CC and or personal loan. My wife has been hit up on both TU and EQ but her reports aint perfect either, mine has zero issues. Her scores tend to be lower also usually sits in the 640-680 range on FICO 4.

Message 6 of 9
Established Contributor

When I joined, they pulled my TU for membership, TU for the credit card and EQ for the CLOC. 

In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 7 of 9
Valued Member

Does anyone know what they might pull in Wisconsin?

Starting Score: TU 591 EQ 590 EX 614 (7/30/17)
Current Score: TU 660 EQ 628 EX 665 (11/1/17)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700 EX 700

Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

See above. It does NOT seem to be state specfic

Chasex3/PenFedx3/NFCUx2/BofA/BMO/AMEX x5(4 revolvers +Platinum)/CapOnex2/DCU/Blispay/Cabelas/BBVA/Fifth Third/Banco de Brazil/BB&T/HSBC/Atira/Commerce Bank/State Farm Visa........I have them all. Except Barclays. They suck. And Sync. They suck worse! And Citi,, because I Have 9,000 Inq.
In the 520-530 range in 12/2015.... Currently EQ747/TU758/EX744
NFCU & PenFed are my best friends!!

In 3/2016 I had a $1800 fully secured CapOne QS. And that was it.. Current CL $247,000 (plus my auto and RV loans)
Message 9 of 9