Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Line of credit to use for a new computer

tag
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Line of credit to use for a new computer

Why don't you get a PC like the Dell XPS 13? http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-XPS-13-9343-Signature-Edition-Laptop/produc...

Way cheaper and all of the reviews say it's a better machine than any of the Macbooks. Of course that subjective opinion, but it seems pretty nice.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it Is expensive. I'm a web designer, so the computer performance is really important. The one I was looking at last night. With maxed ram and flash with the apple care, plus mouse and a printer was at 3.5k. That's barebones for me. Not the extras like a display screen, keyboard, cords etc to and set for a real office space. Considering this is all I need to make a business, I don't think it really is that much. I don't even need an office. Or work clothes. Lol. I can just wear my Jammie's. 

Dont flog me for the NFCU, it's been on my wish list for a spring spree. I just really want to be in with them. I think they are great.

Message 12 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it Is expensive. I'm a web designer, so the computer performance is really important. The one I was looking at last night. With maxed ram and flash with the apple care, plus mouse and a printer was at 3.5k. That's barebones for me. Not the extras like a display screen, keyboard, cords etc to and set for a real office space. Considering this is all I need to make a business, I don't think it really is that much. I don't even need an office. Or work clothes. Lol. I can just wear my Jammie's. 

Dont flog me for the NFCU, it's been on my wish list for a spring spree. I just really want to be in with them. I think they are great.

but are you eligible? If so you need to go join this instant! like don't respond in here agian until you tell me your a Navy Member! Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 37
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Never do upgrades through Apple, they overcharge for RAM by up to 10x. They're hoping suckers will just max everything out without looking at the price.

Edit: Also, any computer these days that's $1k+ will perform beautifully.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. I was considering putting it on amex for that purpose, but they might get mad at me for operating a biz and using personal cards? They send me biz card offers regularly for prg. 

Message 15 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh. I was considering putting it on amex for that purpose, but they might get mad at me for operating a biz and using personal cards? They send me biz card offers regularly for prg. 

Tis true they don't like biz and personal expenses mixed.

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True but there's no way that buying one MacBook will be flagged as a business expense.  If she was buying 10 then that would be a different story.

Message 17 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. hard to tell a computer is a business expense - we all buy them

2. just open a business card if you are really concerned about it... you can just put your name as the company name if you are not set up as LLC or anything and put your social instead of the EIN... amex doesn't mind this at all (my partners simply cash is his name not business)

Message 18 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True but there's no way that buying one MacBook will be flagged as a business expense.  If she was buying 10 then that would be a different story.

Only way is if she ever gets asked for Tax Transcripts (business expense on filing), but even then doubtful they would put two and two togetherSmiley Happy

Message 19 of 37
noobody
Established Contributor

@robbulous wrote:

Never do upgrades through Apple, they overcharge for RAM by up to 10x. They're hoping suckers will just max everything out without looking at the price.

Edit: Also, any computer these days that's $1k+ will perform beautifully.

+1

@Anonymous+ has 5% for electronic store including apple store, but it capped @2K/QT,your EDP is not a bad choice.

If i were you, I just apply a new card to meet min spending to get a nice bonus

And there are numbers card with 0% int on purchase

I just do not feel right take 7-10 month to pay off a computer, but what i know

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.