Not applicable

Re: Which Route to go?? Confused....

^ but when should the OP apply? that wasn't clear.... Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'm  just in shock they want suggest I go from 300 to 5-10k.  I'm going to try to hold out and apply Tuesday after noon when the banks are back open so if need be I can recon right away, as last time I had to recon. They had trouble finding my address or something. But maybe I will not need to this time since I'm all ready a customer.

I admit I've got an itchy finger.    Perhaps I should apply for one and if I get instant approval apply for the other if I get denial apply for a lesser card right away so it will be on the same pull to increase my odds at getting a card.           

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'm  just in shock they want suggest I go from 300 to 5-10k.  I'm going to try to hold out and apply Tuesday after noon when the banks are back open so if need be I can recon right away, as last time I had to recon. They had trouble finding my address or something. But maybe I will not need to this time since I'm all ready a customer.

I admit I've got an itchy finger.    Perhaps I should apply for one and if I get instant approval apply for the other if I get denial apply for a lesser card right away so it will be on the same pull to increase my odds at getting a card.           

If you got a "pre-approval" they were able to find you.

You did the pre-approval at the  bottom of the page, right?

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_UNS_QUICK_RWD_V01.aspx

And it said go for Venture?

If it did recommend Venture, app for the Venture, once approved, go for QS Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's the one. Here is a screen cap.   The top result says  "Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer" and its the Quick Silver with 17.9%. 

That's highlighter in a gray box. Under that it says "You are also pre-qualified for" the Venture Rewards at 17.9% and under that is the Platinum Prestige at 15.9%

Capital One is an odd company. I spoke with someone on live chat and they kept telling me I would need to have 5k of credit for more then 3 years to even get a pre approval for The Quick Silver or Venture. I do not. Then they just told me feel free to apply for what every you want. Your allowed more then one card but we can reject you application. 

I was going to post a photo but I can't seem to figure out how. 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, that's the one. Here is a screen cap.   The top result says  "Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer" and its the Quick Silver with 17.9%. 

That's highlighter in a gray box. Under that it says "You are also pre-qualified for" the Venture Rewards at 17.9% and under that is the Platinum Prestige at 15.9%

Capital One is an odd company. I spoke with someone on live chat and they kept telling me I would need to have 5k of credit for more then 3 years to even get a pre approval for The Quick Silver or Venture. I do not. Then they just told me feel free to apply for what every you want. Your allowed more then one card but we can reject you application. 

I was going to post a photo but I can't seem to figure out how. 

YOU ARE PREQUALIFIED FOR THE VENTURE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

I would go on line NOW and apply. You do not need to question anyone from Cap One. I got the Prequal on line last week and was instantly approved for $10,000.

Your good student loan history and payment history with Cap One triggered the preapproval. 

Do it NOW!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

Yes, your history with CapOne is the reason this will work out fine for you.

Plenty of others in the same situation over the last several months got very nice approvals going for Venture and/or QS from CapOne starter cards just like yours.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke with someone on live chat and they kept telling me I would need to have 5k of credit for more then 3 years to even get a pre approval for The Quick Silver or Venture. I do not.  

My brother got BOTH the Venture $10K and then the Quicksilver $5K...one after the other.  

His credit is horrendous but he has history with Cap1 so I guess that let him by.  Insane really because his highest limit is a $500 store card from Walmart.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Day Everyone,

I waited until my CC posted this week and reported then I signed up for the My Fico reports this morning to get my actual Fico's.      My Fico 08's are     Equifax  654,  TU 669 and EU is 691.... 

I will be applying over the weekend.I will let everyone know how it goes.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

woohoo
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.