cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Score do Credit Cards Use to Determine Eligibility?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Score do Credit Cards Use to Determine Eligibility?

Paid tax liens tend to fall off after 7 years. Unpaid fall off after 10 years, I believe, but can be renewed. Check out the Rebuilding Credit forum for advice on how to get it off of your report faster. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Score do Credit Cards Use to Determine Eligibility?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to apply for a Credit Card. Which score do I/they use to determine my eligibility? I have 3 scores: 1 FAIR, 2 GOOD (701, 693, 611). Do they average them; use the middle score; ust the lowest score or take the highest score? I like to apply correctly. Can you please advise me? Thank you.

How come the 611 is so much lower than the other two? All three reports should agree on content except for inquiries and generate similar scores.

They pull whatever they like after you give them permission, and use whatever they pull to assess your credit worthiness.

Here are my scores for all to see:  EQ- 758, TU- 711 (which oddly was my room number at the hotel I stayed in last week - coincidence or message from the universe?) and EXP - 685.  My California tax lien is on Experian only and I fear will stay there until the day I die!

My WA tax lien is on my EQ and EX, but recently vanished from my TU. I wish that would happen with the first two.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.