Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Walmart CC should I get?

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Which Walmart CC should I get?

My recent TU Fico is 616, due to high util. I do have a very clean record for the past 3-4 years no lates, just a collection that's being paid. Also my Orchard card is going to charge me an AF next week, should I app first and then cancel or vice versa? I forget if closing the acct will impact my approval odds....

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which Walmart CC should I get?

@Mickey11 wrote:
My recent TU Fico is 616, due to high util. I do have a very clean record for the past 3-4 years no lates, just a collection that's being paid. Also my Orchard card is going to charge me an AF next week, should I app first and then cancel or vice versa? I forget if closing the acct will impact my approval odds....

If you have a TU of 616 but in your siggy you show 660... You lost that many points for high util.? or like high util. on all accounts??

you have other good cards so even with low score you could probably get a wally store card but if you got score back to 660 and all these cards below you might find yourself approved for the walmart Discover Card....

You don't actually choose, they try to approve Walmart Discover and if you don't qualify, they try to open just regular Walmart Store card that can't be used elsewhere.

Message 2 of 9
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Mickey11 wrote:

If you have a TU of 616 but in your siggy you show 660... You lost that many points for high util.? or like high util. on all accounts??

you have other good cards so even with low score you could probably get a wally store card but if you got score back to 660 and all these cards below you might find yourself approved for the walmart Discover Card....

You don't actually choose, they try to approve Walmart Discover and if you don't qualify, they try to open just regular Walmart Store card that can't be used elsewhere.

High Util on my CSP, actually I'm quoting my EQ score, I don't have a current score for TU, the last one I pulled was in Jan and its in my sig.

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 3 of 9
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Just app'd! I got the store card, I believe it's through GEMB? $600 CL.....what's the outlook for CLI? Are they SP etc...also I hope I still get the TU FICO? This was my last hurrah, we need 12 months clean, we are buying a home next summer! Also will they send my FICO they used in the mail or is that only if you get denied?

Message 4 of 9
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Also should I just app for a few other cards? If I do it now they will all drop of at the same time.....this is a sick hobby we all have.

Message 5 of 9
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
Also should I just app for a few other cards? If I do it now they will all drop of at the same time.....this is a sick hobby we all have.

To get the TU08 Fico you have to set up paperless statements online. and I suggest not applying anymore.. Just garden and wait 6+ months..

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 6 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I would get your util down before apping again.  I found it hard to get in with Discover with a 659 eq and 70 util. Once my util went down my scores raised and was approved.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Good work, now get that paperless billing set-up for free monthly score.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

may i ask how high the utility is? 

im at 60 percent at the moment and my scores are in my sig. 

but as everyone knows to each their own. 

i got approved for a 500 limit card recently (thats included with utilization) 

i have a problem. Man Mad

just apped for this and got a 800cl not sure if this is for store card or not. browser unexpectedly closed. now i dont know how to get back. 

i know it was stupid but impulse. 

i will do as suggested and garden until next july and all my balances paid off. 

right now its 2200 with credit limit of 5800(not including new cards) and income of 25000 

* sorry dont mean to thread jack.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.