Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank should I bank with??

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Which bank should I bank with??

I think ive found my banks!! 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 71 of 74
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

What do I need in order to qualify? Ive known of banks who HP you when opening a acct like longtimelurker said. I want to bank with DISCOVER and State Farm.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 72 of 74
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Just my opinion, but if this is your first banking experience, I would consider a regular brick and mortar bank with branches near where you live and work. Down the road when you figure out what you want or need from a bank in the future, then you can always open other accounts or switch your primary. BOA has free checking with direct deposit, ATMs are everywhere and the mobile apps are good. I'm sure there are other local banks or CUs that offer the same. Try something local first. If you need help or have a problem you can always go in and talk to someone,. Why not check out a few? Go in and tell them what you want (free) and see what kind of service they offer you.
Message 73 of 74
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1
Internet banks are honestly great choices if you are familiar with banking in general and have a good idea of what you expect. However- starting out- it might be in your best interest to hit up a brick and mortar local CU or bank and btw- did I say CU?
CUs are awesome in that the members are owners. Any profit is awarded back to the member owners in the form of low interest rate loans and CCs and higher then normal interest rates on deposits. CUs are non-for profit entities. I earn a full 5% on the first $500 on my savings with one of my CU accounts. Plus- when apping CCs or loans, you speak to an actual loan officer for approval which I find as a benefit for those just starting out. What ever you decide- best wishes. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 74 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.