cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which banks/creditors pull which FICO scores? + CRA question + another..

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Which banks/creditors pull which FICO scores? + CRA question + another..

Hi,

I have three somewhat related questions today.

I'm relatively new to the credit world with AAoA <1yr.

1. I was wondering, if there was a table of which creditors pulling which scores.

I think for Chase, they pulled Equifax bankcard enhanced Fico score and I think PenFed might have done the same.

BOA pulled Experian FICO 04 for the Quicksilver card (which I got denied from with a 757).

2. I applied to two credit cards the same day on 10/9/13.

BOA pulled Experian FICO 04 and Cap1 pulled which appears to be Equifax FICO 08 (letter said the score ranges from 300-850).

The scores were 757 and 681 respectively.

Why such a huge difference? 76 points??

Is FICO 04 and FICO 08 that different from each other?

AFAIK, all my accounts are reported in all three CRAs. Also, no delinquencies, no late payments, balance always paid in full and utilization never over 10% in my entire credit history.

I have autopay set up for all my accounts so I don't pay off before the statement date (I used to) but just let autopay handle them on due dates. This seems to cause CRAs to report balances on bunch of my accounts even though they aren't really balance that I"m carrying month to month. I've subscribed to MyFico SW last year for about 6 months and also bought a few FICO Scores. Each time, it seemed that Equifax score would say the number of revolving accounts with balance is too high while TU did not seem to care about that. I wasn't sure how much to read into the reasonings they gave out as they may have just been a set of default answers..

3. Does anyone know if Equifax or just the FICO 08 scoring model cares more about carrying balances (not real balance but showing 0> on account at statement date)? Are there people out there who go out of their ways to pay all cards in full before the statement date and not use their credit cards for a few days before the end of the statement? (I used to do that for a few months when I needed to apply for a car loan. Afterwards, I just let autopay handle everything.)

Thanks for reading my long post.. I appreciate your feedbacks..

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which banks/creditors pull which FICO scores? + CRA question + another..

Was there an answer to these questions?  I have the same questions.  Thx.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 2 of 5
notfancy
Valued Contributor

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/

mod edit- website 

Will be your best bet. If you do a search in this forum using the search box you might also pull more info, but it seems that a lot of the credit companies pull different reports depening on what state / geographic location you are in

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 5
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

It may not always be the same - it often depends on what state you are in.  Check whogavemecredit.com.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

There are several databases that provide information on credit pulls.

Which credit bureau(s) are used often depends on where you live.

As far as details of which FICO model is used, I would do a Google search to find that out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.