cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which banks or card issuers are the best at giving credit limit increases?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Which banks or card issuers are the best at giving credit limit increases?

Which banks would you guys say are the best at giving CLIs?

I know that Navy Federal gives great credit limits and increases, but who else is known to be generous with their clis?

Also, please excuse my overruse of "CLI/credit limit increase" - I try to use both terms to make my posts search friendly.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which banks or card issuers are the best at giving credit limit increases?

GE backed cards are good at giving CLIs every 4 months.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 2 of 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Secured cards are also very good at this.  Im not trying to be funny.  But if I want to up my Cap1 secured card's CL I just make an additional deposit.  Im steadly bumping funds into this and I'll have it at a good CL by time I refi house.  After refi I'll close the secured cards and then in a couple months once I get funds back I'll use it to buy some needed new furniture Smiley Happy  win/win

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Secured cards are also very good at this.  Im not trying to be funny.  But if I want to up my Cap1 secured card's CL I just make an additional deposit.  Im steadly bumping funds into this and I'll have it at a good CL by time I refi house.  After refi I'll close the secured cards and then in a couple months once I get funds back I'll use it to buy some needed new furniture Smiley Happy  win/win

I dont know if this will work for you or not, but when I asked about getting my money back off of my secured card, the csa told me that it would take up to 90 days. I didnt care, but her suggestion was quite useful.

She said to pay bills, fill my tank, do whatever needed to be paid and save the cash I wouldve spent doing so. That way when I close the card im only waiting on a check for say $10 or so instead of $500. Maybe you could put furniture and other household needs on your card, then call to close it. Hopefully its the same as my pnc card and they dont charge interest because Im closing it and it might benefit you by getting those things when you get your new place.

Just wanted to throw that out there as an FYI Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.