cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which banks report limits on visa Signatures and World MasterCards?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which banks report limits on visa Signatures and World MasterCards?

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
Interesting, I thought most banks didn't report it, I was actually kind of hoping my CSP wasn't going to report a CL

Thanks for the info!

That used to be the case; these days only BOFA out of the major credit card companies is the holdout to reporting CL's to my knowledge.

In almost all cases, it's better to have the CL reported; the CL exists anyway (there are very few true NPSL cards out there), and in general high balance can not be set above CL, so realistically the max benefit both from a FICO perspective and a future underwriting one is to have the limit reported.

Hidden tradelines, OK that I'll suggest has some merit, but BOFA and maybe a few smaller banks not reporting CL is nothing but an anachronistic annoyance that's not in the best interests of their customers in my opinon.

        
Message 11 of 20
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@revelate I wouldn't mind having some cards that don't report the CL, considering I'm at my annual income in credit just about, right now

fico 747
Message 12 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
@Revelate I wouldn't mind having some cards that don't report the CL, considering I'm at my annual income in credit just about, right now

I suspect like for so many other things that banks deal with, if they saw no CL, depending on the creditor (namely, every tradeline that isn't from American Express) they'd simply assume the greater of 5K or the high balance for your CL.

Unless you were hiding a few 20K siggy tradelines from BOFA with low high-balances on them, not really certain it'd make much difference anyway, but honestly I don't see the point of racking up tons of available credit just to have it, and one of our members, Smug, I think is well above her annual income right now in aggregate CL so likely not worth worrying about.

Also income likely isn't the end all and be all anyway, non-zero chance my reimbursable travel from my employer which by our policies winds up on my personal Amex, helped when it came to my CLI request.  A number of folks here have non-trivial spends based from either being self-employed or through reimbursable travel, without the actual income to justify their gnarly limits by most rational measures.

        
Message 13 of 20
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I got a few of my cards just for the bonuses (kind of stupid, I know, but I really don't need great credit scores at this point in my life so hopefully with a few years of gardening I'll be past 750 again) and plan to app for one more final card in a few months and then be done for a while, and I see what you're saying about them assuming 5k, you're probably right
fico 747
Message 14 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

All of mine report as normal

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Personally I think that reporting a CL can be a good or bad thing.

Good when it decreases your overall util hence maybe your score goes up

Bad when lenders see your total available credit as an issue for them i.e. much higher CL that income.

On the other hand, your current lenders might view this as an opportunity for a CLD since you have a lot of that limit that they gave you sitting idle maybe for a long time.

Message 16 of 20
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Exactly, I agree CS, and I have 0% ult so I wouldn't mind having some that didn't report
fico 747
Message 17 of 20
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

My Citi cards (TY Preferred, TY Premier and AA) with Visa sig all report limit

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 18 of 20
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

My Cap1 Visa Sig does report the limit.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 19 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@Revelate wrote:

these days only BOFA out of the major credit card companies is the holdout to reporting CL's to my knowledge.

About Visa Signature, you mean? I am pretty positive they report World Mastercards' credit limits. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.