Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card I could get?

tag
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Which card I could get?

Wanted to get a credit card secured or not and was wondering which one someone could rec

TransUnion  Experian  Equifax
532                    511             539    

Wanted to try rebuilding. Everything negative on my account is mostly over 6 years old and will fall off sometime next year pretty much. I've already got the crown jeweler account as well.

Thanks
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card I could get?

you could try for the 99/500 from BOA. Check out whogavemecredit.com
Message 2 of 27
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

my bank is actually BoA and I tried getting the $200 secured card and they declined me. is that normal? Is the other offer something different or would I prob get declined for that too? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest trying to credit step your way down the Capital One road.  It is worth a try.
Message 4 of 27
Bella1980
Established Contributor

you may get Orchard bank partially secured $49 payment or the $200 secured card as well.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 27
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

I applied for the orchard card and they "approved" me for the
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases Variable Customary APR: 7.90%1 will apply.
waive first year $39 fee and $200 minimum secured card.

Is this a decent one to have initially?

thanks
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not bad.  You have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run.  I would still look at Capital One though.  They have not CraP1'ND me yet. 
Message 7 of 27
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I would suggest try for Crap 1 and maybe a targetcard. The Orchard bank card I would still take even if you get the other 2 because it will help to build a positive history that won't leave your CR's blank when the baddies drop off.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

the target seems to be an easy card to get.I was approved for it after going to target and purchasing some items for my daughter totally about 170 bucks. I went to use my cc and the cashier asked I wanted a target card after I scanned my other cc (I think its a preapproval when they do that). 200 bucks Smiley Sad but I think that's the norm
Message 9 of 27
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

no luck on crap one Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.